Hold on to your Ubangi

Discussion in 'Pedal Pushers Forum' started by Merc, Jun 29, 2020.

1. Merc

Merc Country Gent

May 6, 2017
    Florida
    Unless it goes Frankenstein and resurrected in the future... hold on to your Ubangi!

5B74233E-AB0E-4C25-A0B9-4B4629C07913.png

2. Sabato

Sabato Country Gent

Mar 22, 2019
    Massachusetts
    Guess I bought mine just in time!

Snorre, Merc and TSims1 like this.
  3. TSims1

TSims1 Gretschified

Jun 18, 2013
    Atlanta
    That’s weird to me. It’s such an amazingly versatile drive - I use mine every single time I play out. So glad I have one!

Last edited: Jun 29, 2020
    TV the Wired Turtle, Snorre and Merc like this.
  4. Merc

Merc Country Gent

May 6, 2017
    Florida
    Glad I’ve got mine. Got yours?

37AC74A3-7104-4EA7-8A9F-DE0772DD90DA.jpeg

Tele295, Groutsch and Snorre like this.
  5. TubeLife

TubeLife Gretschie

Jan 23, 2020
    Chicagoland
    RG7X, Snorre, Sabato and 1 other person like this.
  6. BorderRadio

BorderRadio Country Gent

Mar 6, 2014
    Phoenix, AZ
    oh Ubangi, no, say it ain't so!

Snorre and Merc like this.
  7. audept

audept Senior Gretsch-Talker

Dec 1, 2010
    Sydney, Australia
    This is the only Nocturne pedal that I didn't sell the duplicate unit to raise some cash to get through my Covid-19 income crash. I must have had a sixth sense about it. I'm hanging on to both of mine now.

8. stevo

stevo Friend of Fred

May 1, 2012
    Atlanta
    I discovered it when it had been rested the first time. Was so glad when it came back. Really glad I bought one since it's resting again.

Tele295, Snorre, audept and 1 other person like this.
  9. TSims1

TSims1 Gretschified

Jun 18, 2013
    Atlanta

Man I hate to hear that. Hopefully things will turn around and we can back to some semblance of normalcy soon.

10. Merc

Merc Country Gent

May 6, 2017
    Florida
    Whenever this thing does end, just think about the celebration. It’ll be like taking in a deep breath of fresh air and all smiles.

Snorre, drmilktruck and audept like this.
  11. drmilktruck

drmilktruck I Bleed Orange

May 17, 2009
    Plymouth, MN
    Unfortunately it's likely here to stay for awhile. But there are a few simple things you can do to help it all go away faster:

1. Wear a mask when in public.
    2. Stay at least 3, better yet 6, feet away from people who don't live with you.
    3. Wash your hands. A lot.

T Bone, Wozob, Andy Fortune and 8 others like this.
  12. Merc

Merc Country Gent

May 6, 2017
    Florida
    I know. I’m predicting 1-2 years. That’s what’s going to feel so uplifting once it’s over. Despite that somethings will be no longer the same.

At least those of us lucky enough with a Ubangi can rock it through the ordeal.

13. Merc

Merc Country Gent

May 6, 2017
    Florida
    Snorre likes this.
  14. montereyjack66

montereyjack66 Country Gent

Feb 29, 2012
    LA-ish
    Any factory seconds or overstock lying around? You do realize this sets up Ubangi 2.0?

BorderRadio, Merc and Snorre like this.
  15. Merc

Merc Country Gent

May 6, 2017
    Florida
    You’d have to ask Tavo for that. I recently got my orange Ubangi custom made. But it might’ve been an extra old blank orange box laying around from when he did orange Dyno Brains. It may have been one of the last ones. I think he posted a custom one not long ago in a smaller enclosure on Instagram or Facebook.

It looked like he tested the waters on Facebook for interest before the Instagram post about sixing it. About a week ago he inquired about interest for the Ubangi but said he needed at least 10 pre-orders (see below screen shot). I’m guessing either it was not there or everyone’s broke. So I’m not so sure about an Ubangi 2.0. But maybe this thread drives 10 people willing to pre-order if he’s still even open to it.

DCF62B84-69C7-4AAA-9CEE-3A4C8AC29409.png

If some of you are on Facebook or Instagram you should follow him. He even has a $25 off sale on the Mystery Brain right now but it was posted on Instagram.

https://www.instagram.com/thenocturnebrain/?hl=en

C81EF4BE-E481-4E22-930C-F5C4F8D4F163.png

Last edited: Jun 29, 2020
  16. National19

National19 Country Gent

Jan 4, 2014
    Ottawa Canada
    Merc likes this.
  17. TSims1

TSims1 Gretschified

Jun 18, 2013
    Atlanta

Oh I don’t know. Already in the news yesterday they are forecasting another “new potential swine flu pandemic!!”. I don’t know. This may be the new normal now. I may move to the country and just get off the doggone grid.

T Bone, Merc, Groutsch and 5 others like this.
  18. RG7X

RG7X Synchromatic

Nov 11, 2018
    Los Angeles
    I was looking at getting one of these or the Fluid Drive/DC... anyone have both? Can you get similar tones on low gain from the Ubangi as the DC?

Merc likes this.
  19. TubeLife

TubeLife Gretschie

Jan 23, 2020
    Chicagoland
    I have both and yes you can get great low gain tone from the Ubangi. That’s how I use it most of the time. The Fluid and Ubangi are two different beasts but can sound somewhat similar at low gain settings. Emphasize ‘somewhat similar’.

Merc and RG7X like this.
  20. Merc

Merc Country Gent

May 6, 2017
    Florida
    I have and like both. The Ubangi definitely has more distortion on tap to get dirty. I do find the Fluid Drive is more flexible in a way. You can turn down the gain all the way down and use it as a clean boost with the volume knob. But the gain knob does a great light to medium gain if you turn it up that still allows string definition through. The bass and Treble work great for shaping what you need too. Both pedals serve their intended purpose though.

RG7X and TubeLife like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.