Historic Streamliner G3110

Discussion in 'Streamliner Gretsch Forum' started by Loyola 1961, Oct 24, 2020.

1. Loyola 1961

Loyola 1961 Newbie

Feb 1, 2013
    woodbury ct
    Can anyone give me an opinion on the Historic Series Streamliner G3110? I'm looking at one and need some feedback.

2. Groutsch

Groutsch Gretschie

Jun 9, 2018
    Maryland, US
    Welcome, @Loyola 1961 ! I don't have the G3110 (yet), but I've admired the model. I have two other guitars from the Historic Series, the G3150 and the G3155. I like them a lot. They're solidly built, and their DeArmond 2000 pickups are clear and balanced. I believe the Historic Series was developed after corporate control of Gretsch returned to the Gretsch family, when the company began using foreign manufacturers to recreate some of its classic designs.

3. audept

audept Senior Gretsch-Talker

Dec 1, 2010
    Sydney, Australia
    Welcome to the forum, Loyola 1961 !
    welcome mat 19.jpg

4. Wjensen

Wjensen Gretschie

May 25, 2019
    Raleigh, NC
    Welcome to the forum Loyola 1961. I'm sure someone who actually knows something will be along shortly.

5. drmilktruck

drmilktruck I Bleed Orange

May 17, 2009
    Plymouth, MN
    Welcome to GretschTalk! The Historic series as a whole is very underrated. Well made guitars, usually available at a good price. Can’t go wrong with Cat’s Eyes!

Jeff67 and audept like this.
  6. larryr

larryr Synchromatic

Mar 6, 2012
    Camarillo, Ca.
    Welcome aboard Loyola. My buddy had one that I have played , and we sold it to someone else here on Gretsch talk. Maybe they'll chime in soon. Great guitars. I have a 3161 that I have modified heavily. As stated above any of the cat eyes from the historic series are just bottom line fantastic players.

audept likes this.
  7. Lacking Talent

Lacking Talent Synchromatic

Aug 5, 2010
    Los Angeles, CA
    Assuming you like the way it sounds and the deep body is comfortable for you to play, if it's all original in Excellent condition and priced at $649 or under, buy it immediately.

8. Scott Fraser

Scott Fraser Country Gent

Jan 14, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Yet another Historic Series model I hadn't seen before. Interesting to see a Gretsch with a Gibson style control layout. The Historic Series were made by Peerless in Korea, so you can be assured it is a very well made instrument. And, cat's eyes, say no more.

audept likes this.
  9. Ricochet

Ricochet I Bleed Orange

Nov 13, 2009
    Monkey Island
    From what I read I understand the build quality is basically a step up from the old Electromatics. Don't know if there's any thruth to it since I've never played one.

audept likes this.
  10. audept

audept Senior Gretsch-Talker

Dec 1, 2010
    Sydney, Australia
    I've had a few Historics and they were almost Pro-line build quality. 2 of them were every bit as good once I changed the pickups to TV Jones and replaced the poorly-cut nuts!

Ricochet likes this.
  11. Lacking Talent

Lacking Talent Synchromatic

Aug 5, 2010
    Los Angeles, CA
    +1

audept likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.