Hi, I'm Pete Gorilla

Pete Gorilla

Gretschie
May 5, 2012
Budapest
There is a gig video of us with my Gretsch from 2004. We performd a Stray Cats song

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-cQbFoXFi0&feature=relmfu"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-cQbFoXFi0&feature=relmfu[/ame]

I don't have any recent Gretsch gig video, since I mostly used the Tele with Gorilla, but I use the Gretsch for a year now.

fender62custom

Gretschified
Mar 3, 2012
Helidon, Australia
I don't have any recent Gretsch gig video, since I mostly used the Tele with Gorilla, but I use the Gretsch for a year now.[/QUOTE]

The Gretsch sounds great Pete!!...my Tele is a great player,but doesn't get much of a play these days... my Gretsch guitars get most of my attention now..thanks for posting Pete...l hope you stick around..i've been around here for a short time & it's my favourite forum by a fair margin!! cheers mate:D

Pete Gorilla

Gretschie
May 5, 2012
Budapest
Few pictures from yesterday

gorilla1.jpg

gorilla2.jpg

gorilla3.jpg

gorilla4.jpg

MoonshineCalbilly

Country Gent
Feb 22, 2012
Redding, CA
Welcome to the forum Pete. Amazing guitars and playing! I was wondering, is there any way I could get you guys to move Budapest over here to Redding, Ca. USA? I just want to jam with (and learn from) you and your whole band! Really great stuff, neighbor.

Gallup_n_Johnny

Electromatic
May 22, 2012
Toronto
From Canada

Hey there, I've seen you on youtube, was told about you from a few guys here in Canada. I like your playing, and obviously you're a fan of Gretsch guitars too. Also Hello to Tavo!!! Haha! How you doing? Good to know I know SOME people on this forum already! Anyhow, nice to meet you, cheers!

Gallup_n_Johnny

Electromatic
May 22, 2012
Toronto
Hey there Pete, yes I am, I actually moved FROM Brampton, to Cambridge for a couple years, then back to Toronto again, all within the last 3 -4 years! lol. Currently in Brampton now, I know a guy named Mark who is on here I believe and Tavo who is in California, sells the Brain Seltzer pedals... I was informed I need to check out some videos on youtube by this cat names "Pete Gorilla" and whew! Glad I did, you're great man!

Pete Gorilla

Gretschie
May 5, 2012
Budapest
I did the three close up videos in my basement in Cambridge, North Galt:) I used to play in a former Canadian band in Toronto for a few years called Real Gone. Do you know John and Jenny from Toronto?

Gallup_n_Johnny

Electromatic
May 22, 2012
Toronto
Yeah, I lived in Galt too, on St Andrews st. Haha, small world! I don't personally know Johnny and Jenny, but I know OF them. I was just in a band with the ex Bass player of "Real Gone" ... Sarah. Unfortunately I'm not in a band with her/them anymore, which sucks cause we just made an album/cd etc but, things happen I guess. Right now I'm just playing, practicing, waiting for the next project/band/gig etc. Just traded in my old guitar and got a new 6120, which I am in love with lol. I don't play just rockabilly stuff, in fact before my last band, I played pretty much just blues and jump blues. I had to get my twang on and learn up some rockabilly licks real quick when I joined that band. Did you ever see or know Teddy, Danny Bartley etc and the Royal Crowns? They have got a new cd coming out this week (I already got a copy) and are having a cd release party at the Dakota Tavern in Toronto. Danny is a killer guitar player, their new cd is great, will make ya want to put down your guitar and quit playin' it's so good! haha!