Hi all.... New 6228

Discussion in 'New Member Intros' started by Desmosedici, May 2, 2021.

1. Chmason85

Chmason85 Synchromatic

May 1, 2018
    Philadelphia
    I had them backed off and raised them right back up, but I like a hotter sound. I found I got clarity in any setting, these pickups certainly don’t lack clarity, but it’s more defined and stronger with the pickup jacked up. I usually keep my neck pickups low compared to the bridge but I even have that jacked up, I think they just sound better that way. I don’t use any distortion or OD pedals, just a JHS milkman into a 68 custom PRRI, amazing sound.

2. Chmason85

Chmason85 Synchromatic

May 1, 2018
    Philadelphia
    @Desmosedici, as a bike fan I have to ask, do you have a Ducati Desmosedici?

Desmosedici likes this.
  3. Desmosedici

Desmosedici Electromatic

May 2, 2021
    Australia
    Hi Chimason
    Good call! Ive had so many Ducs over the years, but always wanted the RR, just couldn't quite justify it though.
    Cheers.

Last edited: May 5, 2021
    Chmason85 likes this.
  4. DennisC

DennisC Country Gent

May 11, 2017
    Germany
    Aloha Comrade,

does your name ... imply your choice of bike? If so ... congrats! A masterpiece of engineering in every regard!

I actually liked it when the displacement rules allowed smaller engines than today ... made the developers experience a bit more pressure... - in racing, this is. On the road, displacement isn't restricted of course...

... ah, read the last post ... but ... not an RR isn't not a Desmosedici, is it?

But anyway, ... an engine between two wheels is about the coolest thing, or the second coolest after electric guitars, that ever was invented (if only no one would have invented the idiot on four wheels - on two, they kill themselves, on four, they at least try to kill you, and then get upset about their rear mirror, or whatever is missing afterwards.......).

Anyway, hi! We're cool.

5. Chmason85

Chmason85 Synchromatic

May 1, 2018
    Philadelphia
    You’ll just have to settle for a panigale V4R! ;)

Desmosedici likes this.
  6. Desmosedici

Desmosedici Electromatic

May 2, 2021
    Australia
    I think the wings are a bit much for the street though, and may be too embarrassing for trackdays also.
    I sure do like the V4 Speciale ............however, my wife does not!

Chmason85 likes this.
  7. Chmason85

Chmason85 Synchromatic

May 1, 2018
    Philadelphia
    The V4 superleggera looks so over the top with the lower winglets added as well, I can’t see how those would even help on a street bike where you’re not going fast enough all the time to notice it. I’m thinking of a scrambler myself, I really like those. I love the hypermotard but that is a lot of bike.

Desmosedici likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.