HFCPJSEG3TSD

Discussion in 'Other Cool Guitars' started by Synchro, Jun 28, 2020.

1. Synchro

Synchro The artist formerly known as: Synchro Staff Member

Jun 2, 2008
    Tucson
    Admin Post
    PS, that is one beautiful Jaguar you have there.

BorderRadio likes this.
  2. mister rain

mister rain Gretschie

Apr 23, 2020
    new orleans
    RIGHT???

BorderRadio likes this.
  3. Synchro

Jun 2, 2008
    Tucson
    Admin Post
    This one.
    upload_2020-6-30_15-39-29.jpeg

BorderRadio, mister rain and Merc like this.
  4. SAguitar

SAguitar Gretschie

Jan 17, 2020
    Oregon
    Congratulations, guys! You've got enough chrome going there to rival a '57 Chevy.
    And it's probably just me, 'cause I can't stand a large headstock on a Strat, but they look "right" on a Jaguar.

BorderRadio likes this.
  5. Synchro

Jun 2, 2008
    Tucson
    Admin Post
    They were Fender’s flagship product, when first released and that headstock was part of the treatment. I’ve always liked the chrome on a Jaguar. It is a product of its time, and in 1962, there was a lot of chrome out in the marketplace. Cars were loaded with it. It somehow just looks the part, decorative, but very functional. I’ve heard that successfully changing pickups on one qualifies you for a degree in electrical engineering, at some of the less prestigious institutions. :)

SAguitar and mister rain like this.
  6. Synchro

Jun 2, 2008
    Tucson
    Admin Post
    Am I correct in understanding that the trem on this model is screw-in?

BorderRadio likes this.
  7. mister rain

mister rain Gretschie

Apr 23, 2020
    new orleans
    if that had a matching headstock and b*b, we’d be rumbling. that’s a great guitar.

BorderRadio likes this.
  8. Synchro

Jun 2, 2008
    Tucson
    Admin Post
    Well, a big shout out to Island Music in Maryland for listing an item they don't have, accepting payment and then writing to tell me that they didn't actually have the item they advertised as for sale.

Alto Music pulled the same thing on me, but to their credit, they did issue an immediate refund.

9. BorderRadio

BorderRadio Country Gent

Mar 6, 2014
    Phoenix, AZ
    Thanks! It's really pretty banged up, several nicks and gouges on the back and edge. The paint is bubbling up around the trem plate too, and the frets are starting to divot, but it plays excellent, and I don't have to worry about it taking any more damage on..

Yes, the screw in arm drove me nuts, I couldn't get it to stay put. I tried a new collet too, and spring, etc. Just not that great and the fulcrum was kinda wonky so I got the tried and true AV version with a pop-in arm.

Bummer :( I think you would like the TOM/solid bar arrangement and the moved trem location...

10. Mark W

Mark W Country Gent

Jun 6, 2008
    Central Florida
  11. Synchro

Jun 2, 2008
    Tucson
    Admin Post
    I have to say that I’m pretty disgusted by people that put up eBay ads for items they don’t actually have. Accepting money for something you are able to ship is not ethical and not entirely legal, either. In the case of the second guitar I ordered, they displayed a serial number and I had already resolved to check it against the product I received. In the meantime, I have $1,700 sitting on my Visa, waiting for PayPal to refund it. IOW, they are milking the float.

They still make one model with the moved trem and the TOM style bridge. It has humbuckers, but I’m desperate, at this point. If ... I get one, I’ll give them a try. They can be split with the flick of a switch, so it might not be so bad, right outta the box.

Now it’s become a mission. I’m going to get one just to thumb my nose at the cosmos. :)
    Karma! I shouldn’t have stepped on the ant last week. :)

Mark W likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.