Here we go again…….

Discussion in 'Fred's Barcalounge' started by TSims1, Nov 18, 2021.

1. TSims1

TSims1 Gretschified

Jun 18, 2013
    Atlanta
    So today was supposed to be NGD! I ordered online, paid for 1 day shipping(after my last debacle!)and was relieved to receive a “your order will deliver tomorrow” email. All was right in the world. Until this morning. Woke up ready to check tracking and see that it was here in the Atlanta area and indeed “out for delivery”. Except……it’s not. It’s sitting in Indiana. No updates, no movement, no nothing. Just sitting. I think it’s safe to assume in all likelihood today will not be a NGD. Sigh.

How does this work when you order from a big online retailer and pay the extra $ for 1-day shipping but you don’t get 1-day shipping? Will they refund me the extra shipping cost, or am I in a “too bad, not our fault” situation?

I swear I need to stop buying guitars online. I miss the old days when you’d buy something and actually get it.

2. Gregor

Gregor Country Gent

As always, Covid's to blame. In any event, you paid for NDD so should be refunded the difference...understanding the stress and anxiety while waiting. Hopefully all will arrive soon.

NJDevil likes this.
  3. NJDevil

NJDevil Country Gent

Jul 9, 2014
    Commack, NY
    Ugh......It's like a Groundhog day-type of feeling thinking it's Christmas morning but only to realize it is the 24th again,and again. Fingers crossed!

Last edited: Nov 18, 2021
  4. stevo

stevo Friend of Fred

May 1, 2012
    Atlanta
    I've had that happen with many items on Amazon and they've refunded the shipping cost. Who's the retailer and shipper? I've found both UPS and Fedex to readjust arrival times more than once in a single shipment recently. USPS is actually rocking lately in my area for smaller things like pedals etc.

I hate to give them an excuse, but times are tough and supply chain/service is difficult everywhere you look. Hopefully, it gets here soon!

mrfixitmi and section2 like this.
  5. wabash slim

wabash slim I Bleed Orange

Feb 10, 2010
    lafayette in
    Trust no one.
    It's in Indiana? Did you order it from Sweetwater?
    Supposedly, a severe lack of semi truck drivers is causing all of the shipping delays.
    Demand your money back that you paid for NDD.

mrfixitmi likes this.
  6. juks

juks Country Gent

Nov 26, 2020
    Fremont, California
    Yep, refund needed. I ordered lots of stuff from GC and they use UPS. I don't trust any delivery dates until I van see that the package in in the delivery truck.

The worst is when UPS forgets to scan the package at the starting point. It may catch up during transit but few times the package just arrived on a sunny day and first tracking update was 'delivered'.

Almost everything I bought came from the east coast for some reason. Meaning around one week transit time.

mrfixitmi likes this.
  7. speedicut

speedicut Friend of Fred

Jun 5, 2012
    Alabama
    I feel your pain Tony,..
    I paid the six day shipping rate for a couple of t shirts at the beginning of November and tracking says they will be delivered by nine tonight. I don't expect any recourse or refund

8. giffenf

giffenf Synchromatic

Oct 26, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Sorry to see this, especially from Sweetwater, who are normally pretty good. For now, just sing these lyrics I wrote to the melody of Folsom Prison Blues to pass the time:

I hear that brown truck comin'
    It's got a box for me
    And when I take deliv'ry
    I'll jump and shout with glee
    'Cause my GAS pains have abated
    I think for good this time
    And I'll never buy another
    'Til I next go online

I hate that curs-ed ebay
    craigslist and Re-verb too
    They get me into trouble
    Lord, what am I to do?
    'Cause I'm broke and gettin' broker
    I'm in a bad, bad way
    But since I ain't got no money
    I'll just sit down and play

(insert awesome Tony Sims solo in here)

Now if I won the lotto
    And all that 'Cash' was mine
    I bet I'd still blow through it
    And all in record time
    'Cause I got no self-control now
    And prob'ly never will
    So I'll just keep buyin' guit-tars
    Instead of payin' bills

9. Jelly Roll Horton

Jelly Roll Horton Country Gent

Nov 10, 2017
    Portland, OR
    If your order is from Sweetwater I think they’re having a hangup in New Haven (That sounds like a Stray Cats song title). Anyway, I have a SW order that’s been sitting in New Haven for four days. Not a big item or a heart’s desire like a guitar, though, so I’m not stressed. Hang on, Tony. And demand a refund.

Craig Encinitas and mrfixitmi like this.
  10. section2

section2 Country Gent

Dec 21, 2016
    Toronto
    This is a work of art.

MrWookiee, Duo Slinger and giffenf like this.
  11. rake_ether

rake_ether Gretschie

Aug 24, 2019
    Athens, GA USA
    I feel your pain Tony. You're in better shape than some of us in that Atlanta still has some fine mom and pop stores, even some that sell high end guitars (Maple Street and Righteous). Here in Athens one of ours is closing, leaving but one (not counting GC).

TSims1 likes this.
  12. O Riley

O Riley Synchromatic

That's a good'n Giffent...

13. Henry

Henry I Bleed Orange

Apr 9, 2014
    Petaluma
    That's someone saying you have too many guitars. :p

I've been lucky with shipping, received a bass in good time even though there was a delay. Unfortunately, the seller sent the wrong bass.:rolleyes: Waiting on the brown truck again.

section2 and TSims1 like this.
  14. TSims1

TSims1 Gretschified

Jun 18, 2013
    Atlanta
    It’s not from Sweetwater but your lyrics are awesome!! LOL!

MrWookiee, section2, T Bone and 3 others like this.
  15. Archtops

Archtops Country Gent

Mar 4, 2021
    SoCal
    Best of luck on the delay Tony. Try to chill until it gets to you.
    Great lyrics giffenf!

giffenf likes this.
  16. JeffreyLeePierre

JeffreyLeePierre Country Gent

I hear your pain but don't you have a brand new guitar which arrived a few days ago and that can be played in the meantime?
    :D

TSims1 and ZackyDog like this.
  17. Stefan87

Stefan87 Country Gent

May 20, 2019
    Brisbane, Australia
    Well that's a bit of a bummer, hopefully it doesn't take as long as last time, I would at least ask the question about a refund for the SDD, all they can say is no.

Runamok and TSims1 like this.
  18. The guy that plays drums for us on occasion is also a fed ex employee. He doesnt drive trucks, works in some office and travels a lot. From the beginning of November he is invisible. Their buisness goes through the roof. They hire manny more drivers, add hours, and he still has days they ship[ him off to a container to help unload. The stress level is also through the roof. Same with ups, Postoffice, and any other poor individual that delivers during the holidays. Plus we are still recovering from a back log of goods from everywhere.

Even though i know all this, as i delivered briefly for the post office during this time of year, i still sit and tap my finger waiting for a package to arrive and get upset that its not here when promised.

MrWookiee and TSims1 like this.
  19. thunder58

thunder58 Super Moderator Staff Member

Dec 23, 2010
    tappan ny
    Admin Post
    PERIOD !! .... online ...offline ....sideline ...... shoreline ....clothesline ..... double yellow line .... T , as long as I've been here , as long as I've known you here , there are just not enough days in the calendar year for all these NGD thread .... maybe you need a break . You know , the first step is admitting the problem .......:p you know I'm only kidding bud :p luv ya like a brother and sorry you're going through this again

20. Sabato

Sabato Country Gent

Mar 22, 2019
    Massachusetts
    It's Covid, no wait, it's Covid and the supply chain, yeah the supply chain, that's the ticket...

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.