Help been hacked at TDPRI and can't contact TDPRI

Discussion in 'Fred's Barcalounge' started by rcboals, Mar 13, 2021.

1. rcboals

rcboals Country Gent

Nov 21, 2008
    Springfield Oregon
    Help, Anybody here know an administrator at TDPRI and would send this to them for me? It appears I have been hacked. I can't log in over there. The highlighted below is what I received in an email.
    Got this email from you : rcboals, I did not change my email and I can't log on and I don't know to contact an administrator and your email doesn't tell me how to contact you. I replied to your email it was undeliverable

Email from TDPRI: Your email at Telecaster Guitar Forum was recently changed to [email protected]. If you made this change, you may ignore this message.
    If you did not request this change, please log in and change your password and email address. If you are unable to do this, please contact an administrator.
    Your email was changed by the IP 2.58.194.134.
    Thanks.
    Telecaster Guitar Forum

2. GlenP

GlenP Country Gent

Jul 23, 2019
    WA
    Not sure how to help with that forum, but I would suggest changing other passwords you are using, especially any accounts that use that same email.

Duo Slinger and JT19 like this.
  3. Synchro

Synchro The artist formerly known as: Synchro Staff Member

Jun 2, 2008
    Tucson
    Admin Post
    I forwarded this to the people that administrate the forum.

4. rcboals

rcboals Country Gent

Nov 21, 2008
    Springfield Oregon
    You sir are the best!!!!! Thanks, I just changed my password here.

5. Synchro

Jun 2, 2008
    Tucson
    Admin Post
    If you haven't heard ack from them by the end of Monday, let me know via PM.

6. jimfog

jimfog Electromatic

Aug 31, 2008
    Philly
    @rcboals .......shot you a private message. I just had an interaction with "you" on the TDPri classifieds. If that WAS you, totally cool. But I want to make sure it's not a scam, and no one gets bit.

(edit: @Synchro I'm now fairly sure there are two ads by "RCBoals" on the TDPri classifieds that are scams by the hacker. I sent a report there)

Last edited: Mar 13, 2021
  7. rcboals

rcboals Country Gent

Nov 21, 2008
    Springfield Oregon
    I have one ad for my 2016 Hagstrom there and on here. But I can't communicate with TDRPI to stop anything. ;( Frustrating to get an email from TDPRI and absolutely no way to contact them to stop anything

8. Ricochet

Ricochet Senior Gretsch-Talker

Nov 13, 2009
    Monkey Island
    I experienced the same on GT once.
    Had trouble logging in, got a message to contact the administrator.
    The problem is, you only are able to contact the administrator after login...

Hope your problem is solved soon.

9. Merc

Merc Friend of Fred

May 6, 2017
    Florida
    Total bummer. I hope it’s gets resolved for you quickly and no one gets scammed by the other guy.

10. jimfog

jimfog Electromatic

Aug 31, 2008
    Philly
  11. rcboals

rcboals Country Gent

Nov 21, 2008
    Springfield Oregon
    The notification telling me my email has been changed and if I didn't do it to log on and if that didn't work to contaxt an administrator. If you can't log on you can't contact an administrator and the notice doesn't tell you how. Why is that???? Something needs to be changed in the process.

Yes, this is the first time I have had anything like this it is pretty slick. If you look and think it is really me selling you think that you would be safe. Then you google my name and all kinds of positive things come up about me.

Ricochet likes this.
  12. jimfog

jimfog Electromatic

Aug 31, 2008
    Philly
    So, the Waterloo seems to be gone, but the Martin is still up.

I’m kind of stunned that no mods over there have dealt with this. Bummer.

13. sgarnett

sgarnett Synchromatic

Apr 14, 2020
    Kentucky
    My family got hit twice last by scams last week. One of them was substantial. Very substantial.

14. Winnie Thomas

Winnie Thomas Gretschie

Jun 13, 2011
    Cochise AZ
    I just checked and there are no RCBoals ads in the classifieds, All is well.

jimfog likes this.
  15. thunder58

thunder58 Super Moderator Staff Member

Dec 23, 2010
    tappan ny
    Admin Post
    Can you " re-join " that forum under a different name and then notify the Admins ? Just a thought ......

16. Synchro

Jun 2, 2008
    Tucson
    Admin Post
    I wouldn't recommend that. It's against the rules to have more than one forum logon.

I've notified everyone I can think of and reported the posts over at TDPRI. That's all anyone here can do.

thunder58 likes this.
  17. Ricochet

Ricochet Senior Gretsch-Talker

Nov 13, 2009
    Monkey Island
    What other option is there? I had the same thing here on GT about a year ago. Problem with login, a message to contact the administrator, but no way to contact the administrator unless I logged in.

18. Synchro

Jun 2, 2008
    Tucson
    Admin Post
    I've contacted them, but have yet to hear back. It's not going to matter if Ray reports it, at this point, because it's already been reported. As to why they have not gotten back, I have no idea, but all that can be done from this end has been done.

19. thunder58

thunder58 Super Moderator Staff Member

Dec 23, 2010
    tappan ny
    Admin Post
    Gotcha

20. wabash slim

wabash slim Gretschified

Feb 10, 2010
    lafayette in
    I can't get into the GDP, either. Same as before, I get kicked due to it's " Unsecure URL" thanks to the Avast safety program.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.