Hello from the front range - Longmont, CO

PainTrain

Electromatic
Apr 5, 2022
Longmont,CO
Glad to be here, happy to share info about my 1932 Gretsch hollowbody (was my granfather's) and looking for advice on my next Gretsch.

DannyB

Gretschie
Apr 26, 2019
Michigan
As someone who just got back on Gretsch talk after months away, let me be the first to welcome you to GretschTalk. Its a great site with a wonderful group of guitarists who can provide you all kinds of information and feedback, I have only been away because I have been busy with several things. That is really interesting about your grandfather's 1932 Gretsch. As everyone on these sites says we need to see pictures! As for your next Gretsch, there are many great models but if you are looking for an affordable semi-hollowbody, I can only recommend my model, the 2622 Gretsch Streamliner. It is Broad'tron pickups which give it a unique sound different from some of the other Gretsch models. I bought mine new in 2017 for $ 549.00, I think with inflation they cost a bit more now but they are definitely worth the look. Welcome again to the site!

schwarzerHund

Gretschie
Jan 1, 2022
Isla de Encanta
Welcome, PainTrain! Looking forward to seeing that '32 when you have a chance- awesome that you have your Grandfather's guitar! So many outstanding Gretsch guitars available nowadays- you will find fans of pretty much any model you fancy. I love my Electromatics (5230T, 5420TG-59, 5622T)- all depends on what you're looking for...enjoy the journey

Dana Rudd

Country Gent
Nov 26, 2019
Greybull, WY
Hello @PainTrain, welcome to G-T, it's nice to have you join the group.
We'll have to see some pics of your Grandfathers Gretsch. Glad to know guitars run in the family.
As far as helping you pick a new Gretsch, tell us some of your musical interests and the experienced players will help you out.

PainTrain

Electromatic
Apr 5, 2022
Longmont,CO
Hello @PainTrain, welcome to G-T, it's nice to have you join the group.
We'll have to see some pics of your Grandfathers Gretsch. Glad to know guitars run in the family.
As far as helping you pick a new Gretsch, tell us some of your musical interests and the experienced players will help you out.
Thanks! posted to THE Gretsch discussion thread with the 5 I am unable to choose from......first world problems. ugh.

Latest posts