Hello from PA

Discussion in 'New Member Intros' started by Redliner, May 7, 2011.

1. Jukebox

Jukebox Gretschified

Jun 2, 2008
    Foreston,MN
    Welcome to the G-T , nice guitars!

2. Redliner

Redliner Electromatic

May 7, 2011
    Fleetwood, PA
    Thank you for the kind words of welcome and compliments on the guitars. After I did my first post, figured out that I better get some pictures together.

DrumBob, The wife and I haven't been down to Gettysburg for quite a while. When gas was more reasonable, it was a nice road trip in the fall. Roadside America, there is a place I haven't been to for I don't know how long. Took my niece and nephew there when they were little, the niece is getting married Saturday so that is how long it has been.

charlie chitlins, We went to the Fleetwood Blues Festival a few years ago. That was the year that it rained on and off most of the day. Stayed for a couple of bands then had enough of the rain. Thing that stinks is usually Pocono Blues Festival is the same weekend. This year Magic Slim and the Teardrops is at Pocono or whatever the name is of the new location. He is one of the ones on the list we both want to see. Saw James Cotton at Sellersville the other year.

3. johnnyhoodoo

johnnyhoodoo Gretschie

Apr 11, 2011
    stirling scotland
    Welcome to the site Keith.

4. NeilSt

NeilSt Country Gent

Oct 26, 2010
    Lynnwood, WA
    Welcome to the Gretsch corner, Keith.

5. twinscrewcaddy

twinscrewcaddy Electromatic

Apr 19, 2011
    central, PA
    Welcome! I am a newb to Gretsch myself... but I also attended K-Town U. back in 91-93!
    I (and my band partners at the time) am responsible for the on campus Coffee House night denying any electric guitar/equipment to be used at the Open Mic Night events! :D
    the good old days!

6. Redliner

Redliner Electromatic

May 7, 2011
    Fleetwood, PA
    Were those the nights at the old Sub building? When I worked on the grounds crew we had some student workers that had formed a band, I think they called themselves the Saucony Creek Ramblers. That thought was a blast from the past, thanks for helping remember some good times. :)

7. twinscrewcaddy

twinscrewcaddy Electromatic

Apr 19, 2011
    central, PA
    the small building behind Main where the walk thru underpass is...
    i heard of the Saucony Creek Ramblers. i think my friend played bass for them. but that wasn't the group i was in at the time. we were heros for a few weeks after our performance! everyone loved how we went in there and showed them how it's done! but then we were banned and acoustic only after that! :D
    got comps from passers by going to classes... fun times.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.