Hello from PA

Discussion in 'New Member Intros' started by Redliner, May 7, 2011.

1. Redliner

Redliner Electromatic

May 7, 2011
    Fleetwood, PA
    My name is Keith and I wanted to say hello to the group. I have been playing for about 3 years now, should have started when I was 22 not 42 but that is besides the point.:)

I have a 2008 5120 in orange and several other guitars. Mostly into blues and older rock and roll. Looking forward to meeting others and spending some time on here.

2. No-name

No-name Synchromatic

Jun 30, 2010
    Cody, WY
    Hey Keith,

Welcome. glad you are here! don't be shy about posting pictures of your gear, we eat that stuff up. Settle in and join in.

Cheers.

3. Gretsch Guy

Gretsch Guy Gretschie

Nov 15, 2009
    Del.
    Welcome Keith! Never too late to start. I played from age 12 to age 20, then took a hiatus for 35 yrs. and always regretted it. Got back into it 1 1/2 yrs. ago and so glad I did. Bought a Gretsch 5235 Pro-Jet and love it. Have 5 other gits, but it's my main, go-to guitar. Post some pics of your 5120 when you get a chance, G.G.

4. 68GuitarPlayer

68GuitarPlayer Country Gent

Mar 20, 2010
    Clinton, Tn
    Hi Keith and welcome to the forum!

5. audept

audept Senior Gretsch-Talker

Dec 1, 2010
    Sydney, Australia
    Hi Keith, welcome to the forum!

6. cookedbutok

cookedbutok Gretschie

Feb 28, 2011
    Dallas, TX
    Welcome, Keith. My wife went to school in Kutztown, so we had a place in Fleetwood for a couple of years. We moved back into Reading about 3 years ago, and back down to Texas last year. I think you will find this a real friendly place.

7. Redliner

Redliner Electromatic

May 7, 2011
    Fleetwood, PA
    Thanks for the welcome. Here is my first attempt at posting pictures.

The electrics are a Schecter C1+, MIM Strat with GFS pickups and my 5120. The acoustics are a Breedlove AD20/SM and a Regal RC2.

Didn't take pictures of the amps but they are a Fender Blues Junior in Tweed reissue and a Fender Champ 600 which I did some mods to.

Attached Files:

8. Redliner

Redliner Electromatic

May 7, 2011
    Fleetwood, PA
    Cookedbutok,

Small world that is for sure. My wife and I both work at Kutztown University in the facilities department for 20 plus years. Nice to meet you.

9. checugs

checugs Gretschie

May 16, 2010
    usa
    Welcome Keith - nice guitars!

10. guitarmaker

guitarmaker Synchromatic

Mar 1, 2010
    Oley, PA
    Hi Keith, nice to see another local on here. My fiance is a K.U. grad as well. Welcome to the forum. It's a great place to be.

11. Drewgrass

Drewgrass Country Gent

Dec 20, 2009
    Teesside ENGLAND
    Welcome to the forum Keith!

12. Redliner

Redliner Electromatic

May 7, 2011
    Fleetwood, PA
    Thanks again for the warm welcome.

Guitarmaker, nice to meet a local also. Oley is a stone's throw from where we live.

13. AtomicFishin83

AtomicFishin83 Gretschie

Aug 13, 2010
    Pottstown, PA
    Welcome to the forum Keith!

I'm not too far from you... Pottstown, woohoo! haha :)

14. GJK1959

GJK1959 Country Gent

Mar 14, 2011
    Bishops Stortford
    Hey!! Welcome from the UK....

15. WesatDeerPirate

WesatDeerPirate Electromatic

Apr 18, 2011
    Gibsonia, PA
    Welcome man. I used to live about 45 minutes from you. Now I am in the Pittsburgh area. Welcome.

16. jeffm1

jeffm1 Electromatic

Feb 28, 2011
    nashville
    Welcome Keith
    I did start playing at 12 and now I'm 50 and marginally better than I was when I was 20 so I don't think age enters into it. It's just like my golf game, I love to play but I never seem to get better at it.

17. Redliner

Redliner Electromatic

May 7, 2011
    Fleetwood, PA
    Nice to meet you all. Had no idea that I would find out how many others are from this area or lived here at one time. Small world.

I wanted to play guitar for years but never really knew how to get started in it. Of all things it started when my wife wanted to take a course on Microsoft Word but didn't want to go by herself. Turns out they also were offering a course on basic harmonica. After taking that course, I was hooked and when my wife mentioned that she also wanted to learn guitar (been married 20 years and she never told me this), the madness began. She bought an acoustic and started taking lessons, I started taking lessons from the harp teacher and have not been sorry for taking this adventure. I think starting later may have the advantage that I have more patience than I would have had at a younger age, not looking for instant gratification, I know it takes work, but it is worth it. Not looking to impress anybody its just a great stress reliever.

18. DrumBob

DrumBob Friend of Fred

Feb 2, 2011
    New Jersey
    Welcome, Keith. This is a very good forum. Lots of good people and no BS, unlike other guitar forums I could name.

I have passed through the Kutztown area many times, both when I was in college and for the last twenty years on my way to Gettysburg. I go to G'burg at least once a year and sometimes twice. Big Civil War buff here, and I have a very strong tie to that town as a result. I love it there.

My family always likes to stop at Roadside America in Shartlesville on the way back. That's quite a place. Like something out of the 50's.

Don't worry about starting late in life. I messed around with the guitar and didn't get serious until my 50's. Now, I'm in a band and having a great time being a local guitar hero.

Not!

19. charlie chitlins

charlie chitlins Synchromatic

Aug 4, 2008
    near philly
    Don't forget to hit the Fleetwood Blues Festival!
    I missed the boat on it AGAIN!
    I keep forgetting these damned things book in November.

20. Michiel

Michiel Friend of Fred

Jul 29, 2009
    The Netherlands
    Hey Keith, welcome to Gretsch-Talk!

Missed your intro earlier, but I'm glad I found it now.
    Nice guitars!:D

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.