Hello from NYC!

NJDevil

Country Gent
Jul 9, 2014
Commack, NY
As you can see in my Avatar I'm In Tappan . Bronx born but raised in Orangeburg . TZ graduate , '77. We could sit and talk and probably know the same people I'm sure . I work at O&R full time with retirement on the horizon
Welcome again neighbor
@amaroko I have to put myself in the mix as I grew up 1 town over from thunder58 in Old Tappan, NJ and it was great being greeted here by the "Tappan Typhoon"(thunder58).....he made me feel right at home. We know a few of the same people including my barbers at my barbershop for many years in Tappan.

My friends and I went out once in a while in Nyack and a family favorite restaurant was Cornetta's in Piermont. Then happily did my tour of duty in the Bronx at Fordham..... I still go to Arthur Ave. a few times per year.

Upper Manhattan? My memory immediately goes to so many great shows and years at Manny's Car Wash on 87th & 3rd Ave. Saw Hubert Sumlin, Junior Wells, Little Mike and The Tornados, Popa Chubby, Albert Collins and many more.

Welcome to G-T with a bunch of really great people.... Ain't guitars great?!?!:D

thunder58

Super Moderator
Staff member
Double Platinum Member
Dec 23, 2010
Tappan N.Y.
including my barbers at my barbershop for many years in Tappan.
Of course , Mario and Lou are both retired in Florida ( damn storm ) hope there ok . They still have there houses in Tappan . I actually saw Mario last year and there both well .
Cornetta's in Piermont.
Anita is also in Florida ( damn storm ) and her family still owns the business . Where friends on FB

thunder58

Super Moderator
Staff member
Double Platinum Member
Dec 23, 2010
Tappan N.Y.
Your wish is my command @radd ! I don't have a lot of pics handy and my apartment is a bit too "chaotic" at the moment to take a clean one, but here it is in its natural environment. Cable management clearly isn't really my thing.

View attachment 190904
@radd ... but I did notice his avatar photo . Nice set up @amaroko . Love a Rose too .....someday

Chet Harrison

Gretschie
Apr 27, 2020
USA
Glad to have you here. I lived in Brooklyn for a long time. Actually not far from the old Gretsch building, which is now luxury condos!

For a short time I also worked in Tribeca next door to what was once the original C.F. Martin workshop on Hudson St. (the actual building was long gone).

Last edited:

Lou Coppolino

Country Gent
Jul 23, 2022
Howell, NJ
Glad to have you here. I lived in Brooklyn for a long time. Actually not far from the old Gretsch building, which is now luxury condos!

For a short time I also worked in Tribeca next door to what was once the original C.F. Martin workshop on Hudson St. (the actual building was long gone).

You must know of Southside Guitars & Main Drag Guitars.

Both are in Brooklyn, NY.

Chet Harrison

Gretschie
Apr 27, 2020
USA
You must know of Southside Guitars & Main Drag Guitars.

Both are in Brooklyn, NY.

Never been to Southside, but I have been to Main Drag. They repaired an amp for me once.

Oddly enough, my sister lives basically across the street from Retrofret, but I’ve never been there either!