Hello from Colo Springs, CO

Discussion in 'New Member Intros' started by CA REVISITED, May 2, 2021.

1. CA REVISITED

CA REVISITED Newbie

Mar 3, 2021
    Colorado Springs
    Hello everyone! It's a cold, rainy day here in Colorado Springs (kind of unusual as they say we have 300+ days of sunshine per year). My name is David, and, as mentioned, I live in COS, CO. I'm a huge fan, and player of Gretsch guitars. My current Gretsch stable is not large though: a 2005 Tennessee Rose and a 2004 Country Classic. Love them both. Besides these two I own several other types of guitars and basses: Think "Beatles" in terms of what I collect and play.
    Musical tastes? Favorite band is, obviously, The Beatles; I entered this world in June '65 and have three older brothers, all born in the early 50's. I grew up listening to all of the great bands in the 60's and 70's (NO disco) including America, Croce, Eagles, CSN(Y), Lightfoot, The Who, Guess Who, Cat Stevens, Doors, solo Beatles etc. and that's mostly what I play. I also listen to Shawn Phillips. His stuff dates back to the 60's/70's + and he is a tremendously talented vocalist and guitar player. His songs are bit "different". Interesting bit of trivia: he, along with David Crosby, and a few others, sang backup vocals on "Lovely Rita" (not credited). Phillips has a 4 octave voice and can, or used to be able to (maybe he still can) hold a note for 45 seconds. He also gave George Harrison his first Sitar lesson (before Ravi) and gave Joni Mitchell lessons on guitar playing when she was a waitress.
    Anyway, maybe someone can explain or help with this: I've been wanting to buy a reissue of the 6120-1962-DC. I might as well be looking for Bigfoot or aliens (then again those two are seen much more than the 6120dc reissue that's for sale). There was one on Reverb a couple of months ago and it sold, literally, just as I was getting ready to buy it. (sigh). I've looked at the ones from 60's but am a little leery of buying something that old without seeing/playing it (and the seller says "No Returns"). There are a few on there (from the 60's) that look to be really well taken care of but I simply can't afford to pay what they're asking ($6K-$12K).
    Anyway, sorry for the long intro. I've been reading through this forum for the last two years and finally decided to join. From everything I've read, everyone here is very polite, helpful and respectful. Very refreshing compared to some other forums I've viewed.
    Thanks all!
    David

2. audept

audept Senior Gretsch-Talker

Dec 1, 2010
    Sydney, Australia
    Welcome to the forum, David!
    Welcome mat 73.jpg

ishtar and oneforsorrow like this.
  3. CA REVISITED

CA REVISITED Newbie

Mar 3, 2021
    Colorado Springs
    Thank you audept! Much appreciated! Cute dog too! I have one that looks very similar. He's a 15 lbs Chihuahua mix (I think mixed with Boston Terrier) but he's as mean as can be to anyone he doesn't know. I call him my "15 pound ball of hate". Other than that, he's ok!

ishtar and audept like this.
  4. oneforsorrow

oneforsorrow Synchromatic

May 15, 2020
    Iowa
    Welcome David. My brother lives in the Springs. Well, just outside of it now but his business is there. Nice to meet you.

5. Archtops

Archtops Synchromatic

Mar 4, 2021
    SoCal
    Welcome aboard David! Great first post. Best of luck on finding the 6120-1962-DC.

6. wabash slim

wabash slim Gretschified

Feb 10, 2010
    lafayette in
    Howdy! Welcome to the asylum!

7. new6659

new6659 Country Gent

Welcome, David!

8. BrianW

BrianW Country Gent

Oct 21, 2014
    Vancouver Island
    Welcome and best of luck with your search!

cheers

9. thunder58

thunder58 Super Moderator Staff Member

Dec 23, 2010
    tappan ny
    Admin Post
    Welcome @CA REVISITED David , glad you signed up . I'm also a BIG Beatles fan and a fan of the bands you mentioned . Enjoy the forum friend

10. Ricochet

Ricochet I Bleed Orange

Nov 13, 2009
    Monkey Island
    Welcome to Gretschville!

11. Jeff67

Jeff67 Country Gent

Nov 3, 2019
    Crockett, Texas
  12. Dana Rudd

Dana Rudd Country Gent

Nov 26, 2019
    Greybull, WY
    Hello and welcome to G-T David. nice to have you here.
    Good luck on your dream guitar search.

13. Gregor

Gregor Synchromatic

Oct 17, 2018
    New Brunswick, Canada
    Welcome David to the friendliest forum on the net(at least of the ones I've participated in). best of luck in your quest.

14. Back in Black

Back in Black Synchromatic

Jun 22, 2020
    Ontario Canada
    David,

Welcome,

You're in good company here!

BIB.

IMG_0225.JPG IMG_0226.JPG IMG_0231.JPG 2010_03020003.JPG

Henry and Archtops like this.
  15. JC higgy

JC higgy Gretschified

Jun 6, 2008
    Belfast Norn Iron
    Welcome to GT David!

I have a few Beatle geets myself.;)
    [​IMG]

new6659 likes this.
  16. Stefan87

Stefan87 Country Gent

May 20, 2019
    Brisbane, Australia
    Welcome to the forum David, happy to have you here, feel free to post pics of your guitars as we love seeing pics.

17. Henry

Henry I Bleed Orange

Apr 9, 2014
    Petaluma
    Welcome, let's see your Gretsch.

18. rockymtnguitar

rockymtnguitar Gretschie

Jan 22, 2019
    Colorado
    Welcome! I'm in Colorado Springs as well. Maybe we'll run into each other at Bill's "Music Central" store or somewhere. Enjoy!

19. Tony65x55

Tony65x55 Gretschified

Sep 23, 2011
    The 'Shwa, Ontario, Canada
    Hi David, glad you're here. I've been to Colorado Springs. It's a beautiful place.

20. JeffreyLeePierre

JeffreyLeePierre Country Gent

Welcome from France, nice to have you onboard.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.