Heaviest objects in the universe

j.s.c

Country Gent
Aug 19, 2008
france
There is quantum mechanics objects too ... which make classic relativity E=MC² equation WR0NG !
like the BIG Muff Pi : is really BIG object and it sounds huge. But as it's almost a big empty box with a gravity close to zero.

Synchro

The artist formerly known as: Synchro
Staff member
Jun 2, 2008
Tucson
Before even opening this thread, I predicted that might be the punchline. LP Custom works too. One of my first guitars was a Silverburst LP Custom. Heavy as hell, and had a murky tone that turned me off on PAF-style humbuckers for the rest of my life.
Personally, I was expecting a ‘79 Strat.

My Warwick bass is somewhere on this continuum. It was custom made to my specs, and had I known how heavy it would turn out, I would have asked them not to even install strap buttons. This is a sit-down, only, instrument.

afire

Friend of Fred
Feb 12, 2009
Where the action is!
Personally, I was expecting a ‘79 Strat.

My Warwick bass is somewhere on this continuum. It was custom made to my specs, and had I known how heavy it would turn out, I would have asked them not to even install strap buttons. This is a sit-down, only, instrument.
Basses get partial dispensation, since they are, by their nature, larger instruments. But a guitar the size of a Les Paul or Strat has no business weighing over 10 pounds.

afire

Friend of Fred
Feb 12, 2009
Where the action is!
Might I also add that my rear end was extraordinarily heavy yesterday afternoon watching the Niners beat the Cowboys.
That was a fun game. I haven't checked the news, but there had to have been some fallout in Dallas for how it ended, not to mention all of the penalties.

But enjoy it while you can. It all comes to an end next week in Lambeau. Although, I can't help but think of how the Niners ended the Packers' run a couple of years ago, not mention demolishing them in the regular season. But with peak Rodgers, I'm feeling pretty good this time.

Duo Slinger

Country Gent
Sep 11, 2020
California, USA
That was a fun game. I haven't checked the news, but there had to have been some fallout in Dallas for how it ended, not to mention all of the penalties.

But enjoy it while you can. It all comes to an end next week in Lambeau. Although, I can't help but think of how the Niners ended the Packers' run a couple of years ago, not mention demolishing them in the regular season. But with peak Rodgers, I'm feeling pretty good this time.
Fair, fair... but as of now, I'm just basking in the moment.

Synchro

The artist formerly known as: Synchro
Staff member
Jun 2, 2008
Tucson
Basses get partial dispensation, since they are, by their nature, larger instruments. But a guitar the size of a Les Paul or Strat has no business weighing over 10 pounds.
I remember those ‘79, 25tn Anniversary Strats, when they were new, and they were beastly heavy.

Latest posts