Head Cab for a Vox ac4tv8?

Discussion in 'Ampage Area' started by Rmccamey, May 8, 2021.

1. Rmccamey

Rmccamey Electromatic

Aug 28, 2020
    Texas
    I have this little practice combo amp and, while it does good for what it is, the small cabinet and 8 inch speaker do not do the amp justice, IMO. It sounds much better through a full sized 1X12, thus I would like to lose the extra bulk of the combo cabinet and 8 inch speaker and convert this to a head unit only. Anyone know of a source for a blank/empty ac4tv head cabinet?

20210508_150746.jpg

Archtops likes this.
  2. Archtops

Archtops Synchromatic

Mar 4, 2021
    SoCal
    I would keep it in its original form. IMHO.
    These amps sound so cool. I just add pedals to mine (reverb) and I’m in Vox heaven. Best of luck!
    024995DA-60B5-42F0-A8BB-7A4498A40FAF.jpeg

Rmccamey likes this.
  3. GlenP

GlenP Country Gent

Jul 23, 2019
    WA
    You probably have enough room to mount the amp parts inside any empty 1x12 cabinet, so if you have one in mind, just mod the cabinet to mount the amp parts in there, maybe?

although it may require adding more open air vents on the top and partially open back, won't work on a totally closed back cab.

Last edited: May 8, 2021
    Rmccamey likes this.
  4. Bertotti

Bertotti Friend of Fred

Jul 20, 2017
    South Dakota
    Do you have any woodworking friends? A simple cab for that chassis isn't too difficult to build. I guess you have no desire to do that on your own since you're looking for one. Might check with a school woodshop, sometimes they will do projects like that. Sadly not too many schools have them anymore. Our school actually requires kids to have a certain GPA and the ability to drive themselves to a special shop in a town 20+ miles away that is shared with several other schools. I digress. There are a lot of woodworking weekend warriors around just ask about. You should be able to find someone willing to do it.

Rmccamey likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.