hate holiday music, I have your medicine

Discussion in 'Fred's Barcalounge' started by TV the Wired Turtle, Nov 19, 2020.

1. Bertotti

Bertotti Friend of Fred

Jul 20, 2017
    South Dakota
    I love classic Holiday music. From the greats!

2. TSims1

TSims1 Gretschified

Jun 18, 2013
    Atlanta
    My wife is disgusted and my daughter elated. So it’s a wash.

TV the Wired Turtle likes this.
  3. TV the Wired Turtle

TV the Wired Turtle Gretschified

Jul 25, 2009
    so cal
    Quite a play on words, read the lyrics of that Wham song.

4. TV the Wired Turtle

TV the Wired Turtle Gretschified

Jul 25, 2009
    so cal
    Exactly the sentiments at my home. :) When the boys were young and werent falling asleep when they were supposed to around the holidays. I would put on one of our favorite holiday tunes from the Edward Scissorhands soundtrack: Ice Dance on.. and then to my wife's dismay, would begin launching fart audio clips from a particular website. Seriously disgusting but the laughs from them were great. :)

5. wabash slim

wabash slim Gretschified

Feb 10, 2010
    lafayette in
    The Barking Dogs "Jingle Bells" is a classic.

panhead6zero and freddyfingers like this.
  6. Agreed.

7. wabash slim

wabash slim Gretschified

Feb 10, 2010
    lafayette in
    I worked a Uni glee club Xmas show (very little Christ in it) for 30 years. Spent about four months a year on it from building and painting sets all summer to a month of Hell in rehearsals and production. We'd sell over 30K seats for performances plus another video oriented performance where we could get close ups and such. By the time Christmas roller around I'd about had it with the holiday. My Wife and daughter were then only reasons that I could tolerate it at all. Having worked some retail in my younger years didn't add to my enjoyment of the holidays.

We have a family Christmas tradition that goes back generations . The youngest child is to be convinced that he has to go up on the roof and shovel off the reindeer poop.

panhead6zero likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.