Guitar Store in Denver?

Discussion in 'Fred's Barcalounge' started by drmilktruck, Jan 15, 2022 at 9:52 AM.

1. drmilktruck

drmilktruck I Bleed Orange

May 17, 2009
    Plymouth, MN
    My son and I are taking our annual sports trip to Denver tomorrow. We're going to see both the Nuggets and the Avalanche. Any guitar stores to check out near downtown?

ishtar and BobbyMac like this.
  2. Winnie Thomas

Winnie Thomas Synchromatic

Jun 13, 2011
    Cochise AZ
  3. BobbyMac

BobbyMac Electromatic

Mar 13, 2016
    Texas Panhandle
    Wildwood is in Louisville, just minutes from Denver, but it isn't all that easy to get into the showroom. The store front is a tiny office like place with a few guitars on the wall. If you've seen their youtube videos and their inventory, you know they definitely have another space for "preferred" customers. You should probably call and make an appointment, but they seem to discourage look-e-loos.

Edited to add: The website now says the "showroom" is temporarily closed.

ishtar, drmilktruck and Glaw like this.
  4. Glaw

Glaw Gretschie

Aug 30, 2017
    ca.
    The demo guy in the videos is awesome. It’s one of the sites I check out when I’m thinking of buying a guitar.

ishtar and BobbyMac like this.
  5. ishtar

ishtar Country Gent

I think there might be a store in Englewood, a Denver suburb... Synchro brought me there a decade ago.... I believe it was called Elite Light and Sound, but think it is now listed as Harvest Guitars. Google that. I was there with Synchro and they had a left handed crossover nylon solid wood guitar... I almost bought it... The Guitars are a line of acoustics that are interesting. The owner, Gordon Close had/has a museum of really amazing gear and a lot of stories about music. Synchro had worked with Gordon back in the day. So had Bill Frisell... Denver Folk Lore Center is a mostly acoustic shop... I liked it when I was there quite a while ago. I think there are some good used gear stores around Denver... But I know not of them. Boulder has some good shops.... It is still not a great place for lefties... Once, a decade ago, Wildwood had some absurd number of left handed custom Joe Bonamassa Les Pauls in Gold and Sunburst... And they had a couple lefty Martin Customs, like a Laurence Juber model that was really awesome.... But, I digress... But don't you have a left handed child?[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 15, 2022 at 1:23 PM
  6. drmilktruck

May 17, 2009
    Plymouth, MN
    Good memory!~ Yes, I do and while he doesn't play as much any more, he does complain when I drag him into a store that there's nothing for him.

ishtar likes this.
  7. ishtar

ishtar Country Gent

drmilktruck likes this.
  8. ishtar

ishtar Country Gent

One of the specimens seen/heard at that visit ... the tuningmachines/levers were amazing!....

[​IMG]

drmilktruck likes this.
  9. nightbird

nightbird Electromatic

May 4, 2013
    arizona
    Haven't been to Harvest but use to go to Elite and before that, Melody Music. Gordon's a great guy!
    Victor Guitars has some nice acoustics. On S. Broadway.
    Olde Town Pickin Parlor in Old Town Arvada has alot of acoustics and some archtops.
    Spampinato guitars. Haven't been there website looks like they have some nice guitars.
    Unfortunately, Colorado doesn't have much to offer anymore.

ishtar likes this.
  10. thunder58

thunder58 Super Moderator Staff Member

Dec 23, 2010
    tappan ny
    Admin Post
    Enjoy the time with your son Jim

drmilktruck likes this.
  11. drmilktruck

May 17, 2009
    Plymouth, MN
    Thanks, Rich. We missed our trip in 2021.

thunder58 likes this.
  12. thunder58

thunder58 Super Moderator Staff Member

Dec 23, 2010
    tappan ny
    Admin Post
    I hear that .........

13. Synchro

Synchro The artist formerly known as: Synchro Staff Member

Jun 2, 2008
    Tucson
    Admin Post
    Gordon has moved now to S Federal Blvd, just south of Hampden Ave, but I haven’t visited his new locale, so I don’t know how he’s setup. Rockley’s closed a while back and most of the classic stores of my youth are history. Drum City/Guitarland is a good store, and they are still wit’ us, and seem to carry a good stock. They are at 9225 W. 44th Ave, out in Wheatridge.

From what I’ve heard, Wildwood does not encourage visitors and I had heard rumblings that they were abandoning the old storefront altogether, but I haven’t been there in at least 4 years. Sadly, as with so many places, the brick & mortar music stores in music are sparse, except for the ubiquitous GCs.

BobbyMac and drmilktruck like this.
  14. Egyptian tuning buttons?

15. Synchro

Jun 2, 2008
    Tucson
    Admin Post
    Little pop-out cranks.

16. wabash slim

wabash slim I Bleed Orange

Feb 10, 2010
    lafayette in
    Is that a bass?

ishtar likes this.
  17. Synchro

Jun 2, 2008
    Tucson
    Admin Post
    I believe it’s a bass mandolin.

ishtar likes this.
  18. wabash slim

wabash slim I Bleed Orange

Feb 10, 2010
    lafayette in
    Interesting instrument, nonetheless. Reminded me of a bass balalaika or the Loar round bass.

ishtar likes this.
  19. So many jokes, so little time…

MrWookiee likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.