Guitar groupings

Discussion in 'THE Gretsch Discussion Forum' started by mbkri, May 28, 2020.

1. mbkri

mbkri Country Gent

Sep 22, 2012
    Chicago
  2. mbkri

mbkri Country Gent

Sep 22, 2012
    Chicago
    Blimey @BFTmarshall thats a lot of noisemakers youve got. Do you have neighbours?

3. Stefan87

Stefan87 Synchromatic

May 20, 2019
    Brisbane, Australia
    Good to hear you are going well, as you know you can't rush a recovery so just take it easy and enjoy the down time, it is a bonus that guitars are nice too look at when they're not being played.
    Agree on looking is a lot easier on the wallet, and your collection really is something to admire, you have some amazing pieces.
    If ever I need to move the penguin on, i'll have no issues shipping it your way :)

Thanks Audept, a green anniversary is the only thing missing in my mind.
    I think a group shot of yours would be a sight in itself, you should do it one day.

mbkri likes this.
  4. audept

audept Senior Gretsch-Talker

Dec 1, 2010
    Sydney, Australia
    Mine are all in a storage facility now, packed in like sardines. When I can get them all (or most of them) in one space to take a photo I will definitely do it.

Stefan87 and mbkri like this.
  5. Stefan87

Stefan87 Synchromatic

May 20, 2019
    Brisbane, Australia
    That would be awesome, looking forward to it.

audept likes this.
  6. Ricochet

Ricochet I Bleed Orange

Nov 13, 2009
    Monkey Island
    Not sure how I missed the thread on friday but my best wishes for a speedy and complete recovery!

mbkri likes this.
  7. wildeman

wildeman Gretschified

May 10, 2015
    norcal
    I won't say its an easy instrument to play but if you can make slide playing on a regular guitar sound better than a dying cat, you have a chance.

mbkri likes this.
  8. BFTmarshall

BFTmarshall Gretschie

Jan 12, 2020
    York
    Thanks.. just recorded with it again..the T buckers..just nice sounding pickups.

9. coryb

coryb Electromatic

Jul 15, 2017
    Virginia
    Mine live on the wall of my music room, somewhat grouped by manufacturer but more by other criteria of my own.

Anyway, here's the electric guitar wall. There's one 60's model Teisco that doesn't fit up there so it lives on a stand.

ElectricWall.jpg

And I see I'm not the only DiPinto owner on here. Good on ya!
    [​IMG]

10. mbkri

mbkri Country Gent

Sep 22, 2012
    Chicago
    nice walll!
    Gold top les Paul with p90s..... such a guitar.

11. j.s.c

j.s.c Country Gent

Aug 19, 2008
    france
    Hips, heads and necks pics of the Orange family , good memory as the trio has shrinked since to duo.

Attached Files:

12. Jeff67

Jeff67 Synchromatic

Nov 3, 2019
    Crockett, Texas
    Me, too! Those black jets are the ones they should call "Penguin". They always look like they're in a tux!

G5422T likes this.
  13. JeffreyLeePierre

JeffreyLeePierre Country Gent

All these and not a single Telecaster? :eek:

Ricochet and G5422T like this.
  14. mbkri

mbkri Country Gent

Sep 22, 2012
    Chicago
    I love these kind of comparison shots. I like the way you’ve done that. I also like the look of those 6120s. Curious to see which you sold and which you kept. 501E15B1-AB85-4B80-B74F-DC8E4EF0BF85.jpeg

Trash Kidd, new6659, j.s.c and 4 others like this.
  15. coryb

coryb Electromatic

Jul 15, 2017
    Virginia
    Nope. I had one but didn't get along with it. I'm still looking for one that works for me.

JeffreyLeePierre and G5422T like this.
  16. j.s.c

j.s.c Country Gent

Aug 19, 2008
    france
    I sold the RHH (same as yours) because of money and free space shrinkage. :-/

17. loudnlousy

loudnlousy Friend of Fred

Oct 18, 2015
    Germany
    The three live-beaters:
    IMG_0791.JPG IMG_0979.JPG IMG_2316.JPG
    Decided to go with replaceable guitars for live use. Guitars that can get a good beating and that are replaceable when stolen, destroyed. You name it. One of them is always sick or just under construction. In normal times they are punished so hard that I should be ashamed.
    My luthier friend build me these from Mighty Mite, super rare vintage Floyds and even more rare vintage Gordon Smith parts. They rule.
    The trem itself has no moveable parts. Rock solid and far more stable than a original Fender or fine-tuner Floyd. The fact that there are no Finetuners does not really hurt. Just ask Brad Gillis.
    The pickups are just amazing and congenial.
    Mid to low output PAF style with a push/pull Tele option.
    Similar rosewood necks, similar mid heavy weight. You can interchange them without problem. Minimal options maximal result. Just great.

They deliver.

18. mbkri

mbkri Country Gent

Sep 22, 2012
    Chicago
    I like the look of the fretboard on that yellow one @loudnlousy. Looks good and dense and well worn in.

loudnlousy likes this.
  19. loudnlousy

loudnlousy Friend of Fred

Oct 18, 2015
    Germany
    Actually this is the one that gets the least playing -time.
    A little detail that is not visible in the pictures: I had chrome dots inlayed in all of them. This looks very nice under stage-light.

mbkri likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.