Guild DeArmond Dyna'sonics

Discussion in 'The Pickup Place' started by journeyman, Nov 21, 2021.

1. journeyman

journeyman Synchromatic

Aug 20, 2009
    Toronto, Ontario
    That's what they are calling them. Pretty much the same as the fender designed dearmond 2000s that were used in the Gretsch 512X series; same template anyway. I liked these pickups a lot, and I'm thinking of ordering a set to replace the Power'trons in my 6118 125th Anniversary. I know that this will be a retro fit; risers that would screw into the top using the holes for the existing PU rings, and then surface mount the Guild DeArmonds to those risers, thus avoiding making new holes or routing the top of the guitar. My only concern is the little nibs (tubes) on the bottom of the pickups where the lead wires exit the pickups. These could possibly limit clearence.

Has anyone retrofitted these pickups to a 6118 or 6120 with Filter'trons?

2. JaredmacNeil90

JaredmacNeil90 Gretschie

Jan 19, 2021
    Pei
  3. journeyman

journeyman Synchromatic

Aug 20, 2009
    Toronto, Ontario
    I have T-Armonds in my 6120 DS. That's one robust beast, but I want something different for the Annie. I like the Fender designed DeArmond 2000 a lot. It has slightly lower output, low noise (for a single coil), and has a very good overall frequency response without too much midrange.

4. Poulou

Poulou Electromatic

Apr 12, 2021
    There
    I’m a fan of the fender designed Dearmond , and I just can understand what you mean. They have sutch a vintage vibe !
    I wander if the comparison with the T Armond is that fair ; aren’t they different animals ?

5. JaredmacNeil90

JaredmacNeil90 Gretschie

Jan 19, 2021
    Pei
    T
    hey are different from my understanding the tv Jones are more accurate to vintage guilds I think they said

6. journeyman

journeyman Synchromatic

Aug 20, 2009
    Toronto, Ontario
    OK, I don't understand your post either. I wasn't really comparing them to T-Armonds, other than to say that they are different, and I want something a little different for the Annie, compared to my 6120 DS with T-Armonds. They're both good pickups, and I'm not trying to compare them. I was just wondering what kind of problems I might run into if I attempt to retrofit them on my 6118, 125th Anniversary. If someone else has done this, I'd love your input.

Poulou likes this.
  7. Poulou

Poulou Electromatic

Apr 12, 2021
    There
    I just badly expessed myself... but we're agree !

8. j.s.c

j.s.c Country Gent

Aug 19, 2008
    france
    Nah ! I JUST CAN'T AGREE WITH SUCH AN UNANIMITY :) !

Last edited: Nov 22, 2021
  9. journeyman

journeyman Synchromatic

Aug 20, 2009
    Toronto, Ontario
    Great! We could unanimously agree to consent, in consort, to play a concert. Only slug magnets allowed. We'll be rich beyond our wildest dreams!

As reported in the NY Times: "A rather large procession of slug magnets were seen moving along 54th Street in the wee hours of the morning. Authorities received a tip from a neighbourhood dog about one slug that was apparently wearing only a G string. The situation is being monitored for possible distortion from competing factions within the group. Additional concerns expressed by the CIA and the BIA indicate the possibility of a magnetic vortex occurring, resulting in the possible formation of a black hole in mid-town Manhattan. A team of experts are being consulted that includes at least one medium who's message received through the vortex remains an enigma to scientists; "Blue Caps." The investigation is codenamed, "Eddie Currents."

So, about that retrofit with Dynas in an Annie....anyone?

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.