Guests on Songs

drmilktruck

I Bleed Orange
May 17, 2009
Plymouth, MN
I was listening to this song today and immediately recognized the guest guitarist playing (Hint: It's not the guitarist in the video!) He also wrote the song.

What are some of your favorite guest stars on songs?

I'll get this one out of the way up front though, as someone will mention it.

Waxhead

Friend of Fred
Aug 30, 2014
Australia
I was listening to this song today and immediately recognized the guest guitarist playing (Hint: It's not the guitarist in the video!) He also wrote the song.

What are some of your favorite guest stars on songs?

I'll get this one out of the way up front though, as someone will mention it.

There's 1000s of em.
SRV on Bowie's "Lets Dance", Larry Carlton on a bunch of Steely Dan songs. Tom Morello on Springsteen's recent works...... and the list goes on and on :D

Last edited:

drmilktruck

I Bleed Orange
May 17, 2009
Plymouth, MN
There's 1000s of em.
SRV on Bowie's "Lets Dance", Larry Carlton on a bunch of Steely Dan songs. Tom Morello on Springsteen's recent words...... and the list goes on and on :D

You are correct, but what are your faves? I'd also emphasize one-offs, not hired hands like SRV and Larry Carlton in the instances you cite.

Last edited:

GlenP

Country Gent
Jul 23, 2019
WA
Paul Rodgers did a Muddy Waters tribute album with quite a few guest guitarists. When he went on tour, he was an opener for some other concert I went to, I think it was Steve Miller, and I was not sure who was going to be on guitar with him that particular show, it was Neal Schon and he totally rocked, he played a few Free and Bad Co. tunes also.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muddy_Water_Blues:_A_Tribute_to_Muddy_Waters

“Although attributed solely to Paul Rodgers, this album features many other artists including Brian May, Buddy Guy, David Gilmour, Jeff Beck, Neal Schon, Gary Moore, Brian Setzer, Richie Sambora, Slash, Steve Miller, Jason Bonham and Trevor Rabin.“

wabash slim

I Bleed Orange
Feb 10, 2010
lafayette in
The sourest note I've ever heard is in the slide work at the end of "Layla". I've heard it attributed to Duane Allman and drugs. That abomination should've been caught in post production.