GT email ads?

Bertotti

Friend of Fred
Jul 20, 2017
South Dakota
Yea this was before the update. Maybe it helped push the update I don’t know. I can’t even say that all the spam is because of the first GT emails some most likely but all, who knows.

Henry

I Bleed Orange
Apr 9, 2014
Petaluma
Yea this was before the update. Maybe it helped push the update I don’t know. I can’t even say that all the spam is because of the first GT emails some most likely but all, who knows.
This was what I meant, that concerns about the spam email led to updating the forum.

Synchro

The artist formerly known as: Synchro
Staff member
Jun 2, 2008
Tucson
This was what I meant, that concerns about the spam email led to updating the forum.
As in the update contained a security patch which addresses a possible vulnerability? I don’t know, but it sounds plausible enough.

Duo Slinger

Country Gent
Sep 11, 2020
California, USA
That’s a real shame. I have no idea of what happened, and haven’t heard anything from the owners. Apparently, it was widespread, whatever the source. If there is an actual product tied to it, I would be glad to inform the manufacturers that they have lost my business, permanently.
It is a real product, a legit one at that. I've seen Black Mountain hybrid thumbpicks advertised by Justin Johnson, he endorses them, and I debated getting one myself. I checked, the link leads to their actual site (which I have visited before), which makes me think this isn't a data leak, but a legitimate selling of information. If not, and it was harvesting of data, I'll be steamed.

Bertotti

Friend of Fred
Jul 20, 2017
South Dakota
It is a real product, a legit one at that. I've seen Black Mountain hybrid thumbpicks advertised by Justin Johnson, he endorses them, and I debated getting one myself. I checked, the link leads to their actual site (which I have visited before), which makes me think this isn't a data leak, but a legitimate selling of information. If not, and it was harvesting of data, I'll be steamed.
I do not mind advertising in the forum let them link some good relevant products and make some money. I do not like getting unsolicited emails. Or having such arbitrarily preferences turned on with an update and not being informed that it happens.

Last edited:

Bertotti

Friend of Fred
Jul 20, 2017
South Dakota
I have had a lot of junk since I got this first one which prompted the start of this thread. I get upwards 15 new junk mails every day which I never got until the day I got the origial.