GT email ads?

Bertotti

Friend of Fred
Jul 20, 2017
South Dakota
Got a spam mail this morning will attach the address it says it from Gretsch talk. Is this new from you guys or someone stealing your address?

Last edited:

Bertotti

Friend of Fred
Jul 20, 2017
South Dakota
I don’t mind seeing them if it helps the board and once really doesn’t bother me. A heads up would have been nice but was it from our guys or was it someone stealing their address? That would bother me the worse. I didn’t try to unsubscribe but it should have a way to do so since I am not a member of that page as well.

emitex

Synchromatic
Aug 21, 2014
NYC
I received that same Black Mountain email too.
I unchecked “Receive news and update emails” in both the Contact Details and Privacy settings on my account, but the changes do not stick. They get rechecked automatically upon returning to the settings.
The email itself is from [email protected] but the address at the bottom to unsubscribe is from The Gear Page, 150 Vets Highway #482, Commack, NY 11725.

Jelly Roll Horton

Country Gent
Nov 10, 2017
Portland, OR
I received that same Black Mountain email too.
I unchecked “Receive news and update emails” in both the Contact Details and Privacy settings on my account, but the changes do not stick. They get rechecked automatically upon returning to the settings.
The email itself is from [email protected] but the address at the bottom to unsubscribe is from The Gear Page, 150 Vets Highway #482, Commack, NY 11725.
That address is a post office box.

Last edited:

Synchro

The artist formerly known as: Synchro
Staff member
Jun 2, 2008
Tucson
Also received . @Synchro ?
Yeah, I got a couple, myself. One from G-T and one from the Fender Stratocaster Forum, whatever the hell that is. I’m not aware of anything through the forum, and my guess is that some spammer just spoofed those very pubic email addresses.

thunder58

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 23, 2010
tappan ny
Yeah, I got a couple, myself. One from G-T and one from the Fender Stratocaster Forum, whatever the hell that is. I’m not aware of anything through the forum, and my guess is that some spammer just spoofed those very pubic email addresses.
lets hope his ain't the start of something

Archtops

Country Gent
Mar 4, 2021
SoCal
Annoyed! I got them from all the guitar forums I’m a member of. I won’t be purchasing any of the products based on that annoyance.

Randy99CL

Country Gent
Feb 17, 2020
Albuquerque
IF this wasn't sent by/for GT then the database has been hacked. How else could they get our email addresses?

I get rare email ads from other forums and I'm ok with it because I know the owners made a little money that helps keep the forum running.

Latest posts