"Gretschified" Reverend

IPLAYLOUD

Electromatic
Aug 2, 2011
Long Island
My g/f wanted to paint this one a shade of Burgundy Mist that she mixed up.
Because of the pickups, she said "we need to put something Gretsch-y on this one!!", so she had her shop make a 3/8 Plexi guard and she shot it Gold from behind (we almost put a Reverend decal underneath). The screws kind of "float" on the top. The peghead matches the body.

HuggyProshot.jpg

beep.click

Country Gent
Apr 30, 2009
California
That Les Trem is one nice, nice whammy. One of the three cool whammy systems on the planet (the others being Bigsby and Jazzmaster).

IPLAYLOUD

Electromatic
Aug 2, 2011
Long Island
The pickups are nice...I usually use Esquires. They have bite, but don't sound like a regular humbucker. I like the QUIET! The Les Trem is a great piece. It's on another Reverend now, the one in the picture will be getting a Bigsby.

I also have a Rose Mist Vito. In some light it's very PINK.
The picture looks Mauve...it aint! Lots of Silver in it. Mine will have a Vibramate/B5 on it soon. Ken at Reverend glued the studs on for me (recommended with Vibramate).

Strummerson

Country Gent
Jul 15, 2010
Ann Arbor
The pickups are nice...I usually use Esquires. They have bite, but don't sound like a regular humbucker. I like the QUIET! The Les Trem is a great piece. It's on another Reverend now, the one in the picture will be getting a Bigsby.

I also have a Rose Mist Vito. In some light it's very PINK.
The picture looks Mauve...it aint! Lots of Silver in it. Mine will have a Vibramate/B5 on it soon. Ken at Reverend glued the studs on for me (recommended with Vibramate).

I've been jonesing for a black RV, they never seem to dip below a grand like the green ones. Played one once and it was the most resonant sold body I ever touched, great neck too.

IPLAYLOUD

Electromatic
Aug 2, 2011
Long Island
The Vito is very nice...I have an older MIA model (splittable humbuckers) and LOVE it. I bought it new in 2000, and it gets better every day. About 5 pounds...great on my back ;-)

zlatan5

Electromatic
Mar 13, 2011
Inland Empire, CA
I just love Reverends. Their current pickups should be the same ones they put in their USA models in early 2000s.
USA necks were great (especially Eastpoint necks) I havent had an oportunity to to play their MIK models, but I believe that the neck shape should be the same.

Strummerson

Country Gent
Jul 15, 2010
Ann Arbor
The Vito is very nice...I have an older MIA model (splittable humbuckers) and LOVE it. I bought it new in 2000, and it gets better every day. About 5 pounds...great on my back ;-)

Isn't that a signature Slingshot they made for him? The one I posted above is a different model, korina body, ebony board, P90 and a supro style pickup with a blade under the plate. Makes it particularly good for slide. Also the P90 in the neck is set a little further toward the bridge so it's very mid-rangey.

IPLAYLOUD

Electromatic
Aug 2, 2011
Long Island
I worded that wrong.
I do have a new Vito in Rose Mist, as posted above.
The neck pickup is moved back...it;s the hotter pickup usually used in the bridge position of other Revs. It is VERY full and deep...it's louder than the Dual Pro. It might be TOO bassy if it was right at the neck as the norm.
My MIA is a Rocco, the model that had splittable humbuckers.
Very "glassy" and clear. An amazing sounding guitar. I bought it new in 2000.

The MIA Vito was a hopped-up Slingshot with hotter pickups and special decorated tops. I saw him play one at a show, and it was very nice. He had nothing but positive things to say about Joe and his Signature Guitar.