Gretschified Jaguar!

Discussion in 'Other Cool Guitars' started by araT, Sep 27, 2011.

1. araT

araT Gretschified

Mar 24, 2009
    Berlin, Germany
    I was browsing around OSG & spotted this, a member there (bubble gloves) dropped some TVJ Classics into a HH Jaguar, it sure looks mighty tasty so I had to share it here :D

[​IMG]

I wouldn't mind getting a cheapo HH Jag & doing the same, but I really really don't need any more guitars, and I already have a Bass VI build on the verge of happening.. ;)

2. Fab4ever

Fab4ever Electromatic

Jan 14, 2011
    Kirkwood, MO
    Nice! I've got a Blacktop Jag with TV Classic/Classic Plus and a Bigsby. It's awesome!

3. digidude101

digidude101 Electromatic

May 12, 2011
    Canada
    Very Cool! It's making me miss my old 63 Jaguar. :(

4. The Marlin

The Marlin Friend of Fred

Feb 2, 2011
    London...ish

Hi Tara, I've always wanted a Fender Bass VI. I've looked into building one for a while, and like the quality of the woods from USA Custom Guitars http://www.usacustomguitars.com/baritone-vi.html

I know a few people who have made some great builds from their parts. Import charges make it exensive for the UK though.

Where are you getting your parts?

5. Henrytwang

Henrytwang Synchromatic

Feb 28, 2010
    teignmouth uk
    Looks nice but I'd need a tremolo to make it work for me. I have an old partscaster "Strat" with a couple of GFS Nashville Retrotrons fitted which works quite well

6. The Marlin

The Marlin Friend of Fred

Feb 2, 2011
    London...ish
    You can fit a Fender Mustang tremelo quite easily, and are compatible. If you know what you're doing, you can allegedly adapt the Fender Jazzmaster tremolo to fit the Fender Bass VI. Parts are quite cheap.

7. Crocodile in space

Crocodile in space Electromatic

Sep 4, 2011
    Great Britain
    Wow, I bet that sounds good! That guitar is making my mouth water - thankyou very much for posting!

But your candy apple red Jaguar is as cool as they come, Tara, and it'll sound amazing played alongside the Bass VI... ;)

8. araT

araT Gretschified

Mar 24, 2009
    Berlin, Germany
    I looked at the USACG/Warmoth options, but I wasn't entirely happy with what I could do with them - neither will do B&B, and the pictures of their CAR don't look close enough to Fender's for my liking, it's too pink!

I'm having a builder do me the body, neck & finishing work (I won't mention his name because I haven't talked with him about making it public yet - he's a member here), and I will likely end up getting the parts myself from various suppliers.

That's the only downside, right? I was missing a trem on it too.. but that's the price you pay for going one of the cheaper blacktop jags - they all have that lame stoptail.

I can't wait to get the VI underway :D will distract me from all the temping things that keep popping onto my screen lately!

Glad you got a kick out of seeing it!

9. Lizardkinged

Lizardkinged Friend of Fred

Oct 5, 2009
    Michigan
    Sweet. and BTW awesome on the bass six. I've always wanted one.

10. Henrytwang

Henrytwang Synchromatic

Feb 28, 2010
    teignmouth uk
    Yes Tara, the missing trem is the only downside for me as I already own a "proper" Jazzmaster. The stopbar looks like it was stolen from a Gibson, they could have at least have used something that looked as if it came off a Fender guitar.

11. drmilktruck

drmilktruck I Bleed Orange

May 17, 2009
    Plymouth, MN
    Guitar Mill (Mario Martin) also makes Fender style bodies, necks and does custom work. Here's one they call the Serpentine. They also make a T-master.

[​IMG]

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.