GRETSCH - PRICE RISE?

Discussion in 'THE Gretsch Discussion Forum' started by Xochi2, Aug 3, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Highroller

Highroller Country Gent

Jun 11, 2015
    Portland, OR
    We're cool. Not particularly relevant to the thread anyway, but the bean counter in me - the little alarm light over my head went off when I read the post. Ha! I'm a former business owner and dealt with that junk for years. Trust me, it's a pain in the rear! Ha!

Xochi2 and Jerzey Bob like this.
  2. Jerzey Bob

Jerzey Bob Synchromatic

Apr 3, 2021
    North Jersey
    Pretty much most of the larger corps/monopolies. Some are household names, (I could name & shame, but...), Wall St. also comes to mind. The $$$ some made off The Plague, while waving their egos around in space, could be akin to war profiteering. All the while, stagnating working wages so that you need to work 3 jobs just to get by. I could write a thesis on this subject, (insuring you're in hock from the second you enter the workforce, etc.) but...

blueruins and Xochi2 like this.
  3. Jerzey Bob

Jerzey Bob Synchromatic

Apr 3, 2021
    North Jersey
    All good, Bro, not sure how Fred runs his books, but, that was the 1st thing that popped into my skull. ;) Shortages are also a big reason. Can't make stuff when locked down, resulting in most manufacturing playing catch-up to keep up w/ demand.

Xochi2 and mr coffee like this.
  4. mr coffee

mr coffee Country Gent

Oct 7, 2009
    Houston
    Name & shame if you want, meanwhile I assure you that there are many CEOs who don't fit the narrative. I've only seen a couple guys in space. Frankly, they're better at it than NASA ever was, and now our guys are riding their launch vehicles to get to and fro. Not sure how much value anybody places on research done in space, I suppose that's a moot point.

That said, not gonna lie, if I ever reached a point where I could rack up an 8- or 9-digit (or more) nest egg to secure not only a very comfortable lifestyle for myself, but for my children, grandchildren, et al, I absolutely would. Wouldn't you? The reality is that their profits are not keeping you, me or anybody else down, and if redistributed, would not help anybody long term. You want it, don't wish for it, dream about it or beg for it, get up and work for it. I've gone from being a homeless high school dropout to working like a dog to make ends meet to living a life I would never have imagined, and it's only looking better over the next few years, because I hustle and grind while everybody else whines about the wealthy.

That's my thesis.

-m

5. G5422T

G5422T Country Gent

May 24, 2012
    usa
    I've never looked at anyone's success as directly effecting my success in life.

It's an individual's choice on what they want in life, and how they plan to get there.

One can either "work for it" or "whine about it."

Easy concept, but a hard work ethic that requires a plan.

6. Henry

Henry I Bleed Orange

Apr 9, 2014
    Petaluma
    Ya never know. After all, who thought there would be new auto plants in USA, let alone Californian. Yet Tesla built one.

Xochi2 likes this.
  7. juks

juks Synchromatic

Nov 26, 2020
    Fremont, California
    Yea, it's mile and half from where I live.

Xochi2 likes this.
  8. AZBrahma

AZBrahma Gretschie

Dec 18, 2020
    Arizona
    Didn't Musk decide to take the business to Texas? Guess he could be bluffing, but a LOT of large-scale manufacturers have already made that move.

Xochi2 likes this.
  9. AZBrahma

AZBrahma Gretschie

Dec 18, 2020
    Arizona
    There aren't enough likes for this post. I always get a kick out of how myopic people can be about wealth. There was a well-known someone, a few years ago, bagging on the wealthy and one in particular. He had a helipad and chopper on his property, and the antagonizing party was saying that no one needed that, it was excessive and in essence really shouldn't be allowed - that the money should be redistributed. That's the 3-inch perception.

So, about that chopper....designers had to design it, procurement had to get the parts, each of those thousands of parts was made from materials mined or alloyed or smelted or machined or constructed by someone, truck drivers had to deliver the parts, developers had to develop the software, mechanics need to maintain it, a pilot needs to fly it, and on and on and on...even the helipad had to be designed and constructed, and for both the helicopter and to build an asphalt helipad you need machinery, which also requires designers, builders, machinists, developers, mechanics.....etc ad nauseum. That's a LOT of jobs and economic activity and trade and business for one machine and its landing spot. That's the reality.

I think the guy should buy 10 more personal choppers.

Xochi2 and mr coffee like this.
  10. juks

juks Synchromatic

Nov 26, 2020
    Fremont, California
    He threatened. I believe the truck will be built in texas?

Xochi2 likes this.
  11. rocko

rocko Electromatic

I would have been surprised if their prices hadn't gone up. Everything else has too thanks to this scam-demic.

Xochi2 likes this.
  12. stiv

stiv Country Gent

Sep 12, 2014
    Firenze, Italy
    Sorry mate, nothing personal but I feel that this scam-demic sentence is a lot unrespectful for those who lost a relative, or a friend during these dark times.
    It may be a scam for you, but it's real for them. I'd weight my words a bit more in times like these.
    Again, no offense. Said that, I'm off this conversation

Xochi2, CicadaNation, Henry and 4 others like this.
  13. Jackrd

Jackrd Electromatic

Nov 27, 2017
    New York NY
    No. They won't. The manufacturer had to pay a higher price at the time so definitely should not be expected to. However, the better question is, "Will they lower their prices back to the original price once materials and labor return to normal levels." Not a chance. Once they changed their price, it is staying the same, regardless of the product or service. Same with customer service calls. I am so sick and tired of hearing "Due to the recent Covid outbreak, you may experience a longer wait time than normal." Nonsense, you used the pandemic as an excuse to lay off a sizable number of your customer service staff to get to bare minimum and then put the 'effort' on the customer who now have to experience "longer than normal wait times." Meanwhile, the remaining agents have to work thrice as hard and put up with angry customers who were on hold for 1/2 hour or more. And, they will not go back to normal customer staffing levels either! Their motto is, "Never let a good pandemic go to waste. Use it to lower your overhead costs."

Xochi2 likes this.
  14. doc538

doc538 Electromatic

Sep 20, 2017
    Massachusetts
    I hate to disagree, but your numbers do not reflect reality, as it seems most economist of a particular breed also speak misguidedly. Real life every day, we have hyperinflation... Almost everything is up, and by a large amount. Pool Supplies, not just chlorine are up 200-300 % A basic liner for my pool cost 250 2 years ago now it's 1,000 ! food cart use to fill for 150 18 mo ago now it's 300, gasoline 12 mo ago was 2.35 a gal now it 2.99 and it continues down the line of everyday purchases for regular people.

An exception to this ALCOHOL, beer is the same price it was 5 years ago same for bottom shelf whiskey... Why is that ?

Xochi2 likes this.
  15. mr coffee

mr coffee Country Gent

Oct 7, 2009
    Houston
    This.

Scam-demic? There are certainly instances of government overreach and disinformation, situations where it appears that the pandemic has been used as leverage to drive an agenda, but the virus is very real. I have numerous clients at varying levels of the medical profession, who have had to deal with the strains of treating patients. I have numerous clients who have been diagnosed. I have family who has been diagnosed. Fortunately, I have not lost anybody close to me, but "scam-demic" is a bit much.

I suppose we've gotten to verboten territory now and this thread will be locked.

Nah, beer has been steadily increasing. Five years ago I could still get a decent local six pack for about $8, now it's over $10.

-m

Xochi2 and juks like this.
  16. Synchro

Synchro The artist formerly known as: Synchro Staff Member

Jun 2, 2008
    Tucson
    Admin Post
    Youn
    You guessed right.

Xochi2 and wabash slim like this.
  17. Synchro

Synchro The artist formerly known as: Synchro Staff Member

Jun 2, 2008
    Tucson
    Admin Post
    What I don’t understand is why someone will post something and then comment that this will probably end up with the thread being locked. If you know it’s an inappropriate post, don’t post it.

Xochi2 likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.