Gretsch Pages down?

General_Lee

Gretschie
Apr 23, 2022
Manitoba, Canada
Welcome General.
Thank you sir. If you have NJDevil's approval you must be one of the good ones and I'll be watching for your future posts. NJ and I go way back on the GDP and weathered both many a tempestuous storm and calmer gleaming waters together over on that site. A terrific asset to any forum. His words, like many of the other expat GDPrs I'm seeing here, are always worth the price of admission. Salute...

Last edited:

razzer10_4

Electromatic
Dec 1, 2021
Spain
I wasn't one of the BMOC's at the GDP (no roundups etc.) but it was one of my daily rituals to look in and on occasion add a comment. To this day I still try to bring it up. The thing I liked about it was it didn't feel like other forums and the site itself had a look to it that was, how can I describe it, was more welcoming in its simplicity? Does that sound right? Anyway, I miss it and hope it returns.

wabash slim

I Bleed Orange
Feb 10, 2010
lafayette in
I wasn't one of the BMOC's at the GDP (no roundups etc.) but it was one of my daily rituals to look in and on occasion add a comment. To this day I still try to bring it up. The thing I liked about it was it didn't feel like other forums and the site itself had a look to it that was, how can I describe it, was more welcoming in its simplicity? Does that sound right? Anyway, I miss it and hope it returns.
I find G-T just as open and friendly. Maybe it's the world of Gretsch that matters.

Bertotti

Friend of Fred
Jul 20, 2017
South Dakota
Yeah, I'm a boomer. We boomers may be old but we had the best music.
Parents grew up during the depression so I heard a lot of Lawerence Well and Big Band music growing up. And yet they kept saving grease in tin cans saving aluminum foil etc. I used to tease that grandma would even brush off paper plates and reuse them! I don’t think she did but that didn’t stop us from teasing her.

SneakyPete

Electromatic
Mar 7, 2022
Australia
I haven't been able to get on for months. I actually thought they'd shut it down. Gonna have to check some settings. Not really one of my strong points . 🤪

Thanks everyone!

wabash slim

I Bleed Orange
Feb 10, 2010
lafayette in
Parents grew up during the depression so I heard a lot of Lawerence Well and Big Band music growing up. And yet they kept saving grease in tin cans saving aluminum foil etc. I used to tease that grandma would even brush off paper plates and reuse them! I don’t think she did but that didn’t stop us from teasing her.
My Dad was in the Mighty 8th USAF in WWII. I got a healthy dose of Glenn Miller as a kid. Both were Big Band fans. Folks were of the "Waste not, want not" school. They watched Lawrence Welk every Saturday, and the Polka Hour every Sunday after Mass. When we were building our house, I learned how to straighten nails. While on layoffs or strikes at Studebaker, we ate a lot of borscht. I learned about frugality the hard way.

Last edited:

TV the Wired Turtle

Gretschified
Jul 25, 2009
Sandy Eggo
My Dad was in the Mighty 8th USAF in WWII. I got a healthy dose of Glenn Miller as a kid. Both were Big Band fans. Folks were of the "Waste not, want not" school. They watched Lawrence Welk every Saturday, and the Polka Hour every Sunday after Mass. When we were building our house, I learned how to straighten nails. While on layoffs or strikes at Studebaker, we ate a lot of borscht. I learned about frugality.
I had to watch Lawrence Welk AND Heehaw w my Dad, growing up.. this explains much.