For Sale Gretsch G6134TDC-LTD15 Broadway Jade Penguin - Pristine!

Crooner

Friend of Fred
Apr 15, 2009
Boston
Hello Gang!
Due to slim financial stakes, I have no choice but to sell off some gear. Among these hard choices is my gorgeous Broadway Jade Penguin. I am the second owner. I purchased it from forum member Just-Joshin-Ya in August of 2019. It has never left the house and has been kept in its case when not played. It is in pristine condition, all original with the OHSC. I plan on posting it on Reverb and eBay but thought I'd offer it up here first to "keep it in the family" so to speak. The price on Reverb and eBay will be $3600 plus shipping. If anyone here would like to give this beautiful guitar a proper home, I'm happy to do $3300 out the door.

Here are some pics. If you'd like more detailed photos, please don't hesitate to ask. As has been noted many times, pics do not do this guitar's color justice. It is truly a magical shade and must be seen in person to fully appreciate.

Please ask any questions you'd like as I'm more than happy to answer.

Thanks for looking!

Darin

IMG_6692.jpeg IMG_6694.jpeg IMG_6695.jpeg

radd

Friend of Fred
Dec 27, 2017
Santa Cruz
Lovely guitar.

If I was in the market for another Gretsch, yours would be high on that list.

I hope things turn around for you finically

Crooner

Friend of Fred
Apr 15, 2009
Boston
Thanks, Guys. I appreciate it, The truth is I hardly ever play it and while I absolutely adore it, I feel at this time I just can't afford such a wonderful instrument that I don't play. It deserves a new home, as much as I hate to part with it.

mbkri

Country Gent
Sep 22, 2012
Chicago
Sorry that you are being placed in a position to consider selling this beauty @Crooner . Sorry that I am waiting on the fedex truck to deliver a new gretsch that i dont need because now i really dont need your Penguin. But ,maaaaan thats a beautiful temptation. GLWTS

Crooner

Friend of Fred
Apr 15, 2009
Boston
Buy with confidence. I purchased a guitar from Crooner and was an easy transaction.

Thank you, Miles!

Sorry that you are being placed in a position to consider selling this beauty @Crooner . Sorry that I am waiting on the fedex truck to deliver a new gretsch that i dont need because now i really dont need your Penguin. But ,maaaaan thats a beautiful temptation. GLWTS

I know the feeling!

As much as I GAS for guitars every day, I can honestly say that, for the foreseeable future, I don't need any more right now. As for amps and my every other day obsession with pedals, that's another story! I love my Mesa Boogie Lonestar Special, but I have a line on an incredible deal on a Boogie Fillmore 50 that I'm hoping to take advantage of. I also want to pick up a new Nocturne Atomic Brain from Tavo as well as a couple of tube pedals from Simon at Kingsley.

A Victory V140 Super Duchess wouldn't stink either!

diamoroso

Gretschie
Feb 4, 2019
San Diego, CA
Well, looks like it’s time for me to try and sell some stuff ASAP. Amazing guitar, good luck with the sale even if I can’t make it in time!

Bertotti

Friend of Fred
Jul 20, 2017
South Dakota
I'll become a chubby adult movie actor before I sell mine or sell somebody parts etc. You really need to see it to appreciate it. It is one tuff finish to capture true to the color and catch eh very fine metal flake in it. They are great guitars and sound incredible. Obviously, I am biased but if I had the cash this would be mine and it would get some original Hilos put in then I would have the best of both worlds. Grab it quick prices on these are going up and when I communicated with Fender about the production run I was told it stopped at 75 so there really are not many out there.
I'll add a picture as well just because eye candy makes people drool and lust after the items. Good luck with the sale so sorry you have to let it go!

Version 2 (1).jpeg

Mr Swisher

Country Gent
Jun 12, 2012
England
Thank you, Miles!

I know the feeling!

As much as I GAS for guitars every day, I can honestly say that, for the foreseeable future, I don't need any more right now. As for amps and my every other day obsession with pedals, that's another story! I love my Mesa Boogie Lonestar Special, but I have a line on an incredible deal on a Boogie Fillmore 50 that I'm hoping to take advantage of. I also want to pick up a new Nocturne Atomic Brain from Tavo as well as a couple of tube pedals from Simon at Kingsley.

A Victory V140 Super Duchess wouldn't stink either!

I came here to offer sympathy for your predicament, and good luck for your sale.

In return you've side-swiped me with unnecessary GAS for new amps and pedals! :Do_O:)

Danger lurks around every corner here on Gretsch-Talk...

KreepyTeach

Gretschie
May 27, 2018
Brooklyn, Ny
Hello Gang!
Due to slim financial stakes, I have no choice but to sell off some gear. Among these hard choices is my gorgeous Broadway Jade Penguin. I am the second owner. I purchased it from forum member Just-Joshin-Ya in August of 2019. It has never left the house and has been kept in its case when not played. It is in pristine condition, all original with the OHSC. I plan on posting it on Reverb and eBay but thought I'd offer it up here first to "keep it in the family" so to speak. The price on Reverb and eBay will be $3600 plus shipping. If anyone here would like to give this beautiful guitar a proper home, I'm happy to do $3300 out the door.

Here are some pics. If you'd like more detailed photos, please don't hesitate to ask. As has been noted many times, pics do not do this guitar's color justice. It is truly a magical shade and must be seen in person to fully appreciate.

Please ask any questions you'd like as I'm more than happy to answer.

Thanks for looking!

Darin

View attachment 174082 View attachment 174081 View attachment 174080

Those light plastic bobbins on the pickups are beautiful! I'll hope that there is a sudden windfall in your life so you won't actually need to let this go!

Latest posts