For Trade Gretsch g6128t-clfg Cliff Gallup

Discussion in 'Buy, Sell or Trade Negotiations' started by Emsley1228, Mar 30, 2021.

1. Emsley1228

Emsley1228 Newbie

Mar 30, 2021
    Hatboro, Pennsylvania
    I have a gretsch Cliff Gallup signature model I am looking to trade or possibly sell. I bought it brand new from musicians friend about 2 years ago. It’s in great shape has barely been played and only at home. I’m mainly looking to trade for a jazzmaster cutomshop, or a Bilt zaftig.

This model is pretty unique. I believe only made for 2 or 3 years. Body is finished in nitro and still has the factory smell to it. It’s strung with flat wounds that came from the factory. Bigsby arm comes fixed. Everything is stock. The guitar is in excellent condition.

Pretty rare as I haven’t been able to see another one on the used market. For the moment I’d be looking to trade. Please email with any questions. Thanks.

not quite sure how to post photos. I know I have one posted on Instagram @emsleybill. I’d be happy to email pictures or if I find out how to do it.

Chmason85 likes this.
  2. thunder58

thunder58 Super Moderator Staff Member

Dec 23, 2010
    tappan ny
    Admin Post
    Welcome to the forum @Emsley1228 . Thats a beautiful guitar and best with the sale . Thanks for posting the photo @Skydog

Skydog likes this.
  3. audept

audept Senior Gretsch-Talker

Dec 1, 2010
    Sydney, Australia
    Welcome to the forum, Emsley1228!
    welcome mat 125.jpg

4. Chmason85

Chmason85 Synchromatic

May 1, 2018
    Philadelphia
    Beautiful guitar! Good luck with the trade/sale. I’m surprised they discontinued that. I know Cliff Gallup isn’t the most well known outside of the Gretsch/rockabilly circles but that was a killer guitar in the lineup.

JC higgy and Echocat23 like this.
  5. JC higgy

JC higgy Gretschified

Jun 6, 2008
    Belfast Norn Iron
    Welcome to GT Emsley!

Gorgeous geet ,they never stayed in the line for very long,shame that.
    It was in the 2019 catalog and i think it was already gone.

6. Archtops

Archtops Synchromatic

Mar 4, 2021
    SoCal
    Welcome aboard!

7. Brazilnut

Brazilnut Newbie

Apr 12, 2021
    Montague Ca
    If you did decide to sell, what would be your asking price? Oh, and is the bridge pinned on that model?

8. Sid Nitzerglobin

Sid Nitzerglobin Country Gent

Jun 8, 2015
    fROMOHIO
    This model had my eye but I could never find one in stock anywhere. Unfortunately I've got no CS JMs or Bilts to trade, but good luck!

Last edited: Apr 20, 2021
  9. nedray

nedray Electromatic

May 2, 2009
    SATX
    Not CS but I have an Am. Ultra JM that I could part with. A year old and played very little.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.