For Sale Gretsch G6120N - SOLD

Discussion in 'Buy, Sell or Trade Negotiations' started by GreTschocaster, Dec 6, 2021.

1. GreTschocaster

GreTschocaster Synchromatic

Feb 11, 2013
    Canada
    SOLD
    I have decided to sell my somewhat rare G6120N New Nashville. I live in Canada just outside of Vancouver BC and will be bringing the guitar with me to Apache Junction Arizona arriving there on December 29th. So if you are interested it can be picked up there or shipped from there. Mine is a 2001 model in truly great condition with original case. If you are a fan of a thin line body and florentine cutaway this guitar may interest you. I had previously negotiated a trade but he later couldn't part with his as it held too many memories.
    The only modification was an upgrade of the wiring harness to a TV Jones harness. The old one seemed OK but heard they could be a problem so I replaced it. I was surprised to see they used those small pot originally. The old harness is still in the case.
    I can supply as many pictures as you like.
    One picture has a friend playing it that some of you may recognize.
    $1,800
    20211206_130655.jpg 20211206_130644.jpg 20211204_152029.jpg

Last edited: Jan 2, 2022
    Merc, S Macp, Shadowy_Man and 15 others like this.
  2. That is probably the perfect Gretsch to me. Thin hollow body and Florentine. What’s not to like.

mrfixitmi, drmilktruck, db62 and 2 others like this.
  3. JC higgy

JC higgy Gretschified

Jun 6, 2008
    Belfast Norn Iron
    I bet Paul made it sound amazing too!

4. drmilktruck

drmilktruck I Bleed Orange

May 17, 2009
    Plymouth, MN
    That's one of my few remaining Gretsches I'd love to own. Have to think on it ...

I like that Paul is wearing a Rodney Gene T-shirt.

5. Frank_NH

Frank_NH Synchromatic

Mar 25, 2013
    Lebanon, NH
    Love my 6120N! The thin body makes it very comfortable to play and the Bigsby is sooo smooth. Mine has TV Jones Powertrons.

45888B48-5AAE-4669-812B-734B75AD12AE.jpeg

Merc, ALS57, emitex and 9 others like this.
  6. giffenf

giffenf Synchromatic

Oct 26, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Yes, I want that. It's an "N," after all. You fixed the one potential downfall these guitars had (aside from market appeal): the wiring harness (and you did it right with a TVJ harness, too, well done, sir). It all falls into place except for having the money. Well, shoot. If nobody beats me to it before then, maybe I can think of something by the 29th, I'd drive to Arizona for that. Good luck with the sale, however it goes.

Merc, mrfixitmi and GreTschocaster like this.
  7. musicman100

musicman100 Country Gent

Aug 15, 2008
    England
    All the best with ur sales

mrfixitmi likes this.
  8. HypotenusLuvTriangle

HypotenusLuvTriangle Country Gent

Oct 27, 2010
    Whittier, Ca
    The black headstock.

9. Didnt even notice that. All i see is Florentine. And orange.

10. GreTschocaster

GreTschocaster Synchromatic

Feb 11, 2013
    Canada
    Well if you can swing it I could save you a long drive as I should be driving through Pasadena on December 28th.

11. audept

audept Senior Gretsch-Talker

Dec 1, 2010
    Sydney, Australia
    That and the missing horseshoe emblem were an oddity of this model.

GreTschocaster likes this.
  12. giffenf

giffenf Synchromatic

Oct 26, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Good to know, that would be a LOT closer. Thanks.

GreTschocaster and Shock like this.
  13. Shock

Shock Gretschie

Sep 7, 2020
    Minnesota
    FWIW, I am surprised it is not sold already. I got mine in February last year. Some people commented that they looked for years to find one. This is one that someone would regret letting get away. You see kitty is quite impressed. 20210226_133210_Film4.jpg

Merc, thunder58, audept and 2 others like this.
  14. thunder58

thunder58 Super Moderator Staff Member

Dec 23, 2010
    tappan ny
    Admin Post
    Two of my favorite guitarist ( pass that info to your friend please )
    That's a beauty and a fantastic price . Best with the sale @GreTschocaster :)

15. Frank_NH

Frank_NH Synchromatic

Mar 25, 2013
    Lebanon, NH
    I've said in the past that the 6120N is a design Gretsch should revive, perhaps with more color and pickup options. A 6120N in red with p-90s or dearmonds? Yes!

16. That would look a bit like a starfire 3. Which is also on my short list. At the same time, these are in their own category of extreme coolness.

17. Highroller

Highroller Country Gent

Jun 11, 2015
    Portland, OR

Yeah, they really do look like Starfire III's. That's the main the reason I've never bought a 6120N, because I have one of those. Fell in love with florentine cutaway the minute I saw it, years before the 6120N came out. Of course, the Guild doesn't sound much like the Gretsch, and it's a full-hollow vs a semi-hollow, but it is what it is. A very nice guitar.

Also, those Revival Era guitars - lots of them had the mini-pots. Nothing wrong with that per se, my Nashville and Silver Jet both have them too - 20+ years old and going strong, but they do have a reputation as being cheaper parts and can be a pain to replace if/when they do give out. Probably a good thing the OP went ahead and swapped them out.

Beautiful guitar! GLWTS!

Last edited: Dec 10, 2021
  18. michelb

michelb Synchromatic

Mar 27, 2020
    Belgium
    Nice Paul Pigat playin ur guitar :p reminds me to get his fingerpicking transcriptions :eek::D

19. speedicut

speedicut Friend of Fred

Jun 5, 2012
    Alabama
    Gorgeous guit!

Big fan of both Paul and Rodney... I have that same Rodney Gene Jr t shirt lol

20. speedicut

speedicut Friend of Fred

Jun 5, 2012
    Alabama
    Rodney is such an awesome person... Years ago I told him I was trying to learn a song he played on a pick up demo and he was kind enough to email me a low fi version of the backing track to play along with.
    Not trying to derail the thread but just wanted to throw some RG Jr praise out there!

wildeman and GreTschocaster like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.