Gretsch g5422tg electromatic case

Discussion in 'New Member Intros' started by cookie0410, Apr 6, 2021.

1. cookie0410

cookie0410 Newbie

Apr 5, 2021
    Essex
    Hi just recent bought a Gretsch g5422tg. I need to get a case for it and wondered what people have or advise

Back in Black likes this.
  2. Dana Rudd

Dana Rudd Country Gent

Nov 26, 2019
    Greybull, WY
    Gretsch G6241FT, perfect fit.

JT19 likes this.
  3. trefilboy

trefilboy Electromatic

When I bought my5422 a few yrs ago, I wanted a case to go with it, but all the store had was a no-name (relatively cheap) case for a 335. Fits perfectly

4. GlenP

GlenP Country Gent

Jul 23, 2019
    WA
  5. Scamp

Scamp Gretschie

Feb 22, 2018
    SoCal
    According to Sweetwater these are guaranteed fit
    Gretsch G6241FT 16" Hollowbody Flat Top Hardshell Guitar Case $150
    Gator GTSA-GTR335 ATA Molded Guitar Case with TSA Latches for Electric Semi-hollowbody Guitars $165
    sorry for the large print just did a copy paste

6. Jardin

Jardin Electromatic

Jan 8, 2021
    NM
    I have the Gator GTSA-GTR335 case mentioned above for my 5422TG and it fits great....like most gator cases, in my experience, it is built like a tank....The latches are a dream and I can say that it will protect your guitar REALLY well...

It is probably a bit bulkier than the other options though so if space is an issue more than the damage the road can inflict keep that in mind.

7. thunder58

thunder58 Super Moderator Staff Member

Dec 23, 2010
    tappan ny
    Admin Post
    Welcome to the forum @cookie0410 . Great advice has already been posted

8. Back in Black

Back in Black Synchromatic

Jun 22, 2020
    Ontario Canada
    Hey Cookie,

Welcome,

If possible, order a correct, Gretsch branded case for your model.

Gretsch branded cases, have a foam wedge in the padding that allows the guitar to lie in repose, with no strain on the neck.

The neck rest is there basically to keep the guitar aligned in the case.

Your guitar will thank you, now and many years from now.

In future, buy your cases with the guitar. If the shop associate thinks the sale may be lost without a case, they'll quickly find what you need, often at at deep discount price. A couple times, I've even had them include a case complimentary, doesn't happen often, but it does happen.

Now, you're going to have to pay full price, and possibly shipping added on as well.

Best,

BIB.

DSCF1335.JPG

9. Gregor

Gregor Synchromatic

Oct 17, 2018
    New Brunswick, Canada
    Yep, had that happen when I bought my 5220(supposedly no case included) until the sales person went "out back" and said "look what I found"...a brand new case with the Gretsch logo..N/C

new6659 and Back in Black like this.
  10. Back in Black

Back in Black Synchromatic

Jun 22, 2020
    Ontario Canada
    Gregor,

Gotta love it!!

Yup, won't lose a $$$$$ guitar sale, for a $ case.

Excluding specialty and FTA flight cases, I doubt the shops have any more than $50. in any stock run of the mill guitar cases.

BIB.

Gregor likes this.
  11. Jardin

Jardin Electromatic

Jan 8, 2021
    NM
    As an FYI.... the Gator case listed above has the wedge in the upper bout as well....

Is it the same???? I do not know as I do not have a Gretsch case to compare it to but it is there and seems to provides the same function of relieving the tension on the neck by giving the upper bout something to rest upon.

It also has two areas that cradle the neck...before the stash area (@12th fret) and after (@2nd fret), which I like as it is really giving more support.

I do not think you can go wrong either way....

12. NervousJohn

NervousJohn Electromatic

May 8, 2017
    U.K.
    Be careful with 335 cases - they are about 3/8” thinner or something like that and press down on a G5422.

I use a Hiscox dreadnaught case with a bit of extra padding. Any dreadnaught size will do. I didn’t go for the Gretsch case as it seemed a bit flimsy to me, but if you aren’t out gigging that shouldn’t be a problem.

13. 67rayson

67rayson Electromatic

Jan 9, 2021
    Gretsch 6241 Deluxe
    not the 6241 ft (POS)

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.