GRETSCH G5260 baritone

Discussion in 'Electromatic Gretsch Forum' started by Outlaw, Apr 12, 2021.

1. Outlaw

Outlaw Country Gent

Jul 13, 2011
    UK
    g5260-electromatic-jet-v-stoptail-hh-ht-lau-hd-171411.jpg Anybody here own one of these, I'd love to here opinions about it.
    I can only find heavy metal demo's on you tube, I would like to know what it sounds like clean.

2. When i was looking for an electric baritone, I searched for theses. I thought they had a sparkle finish T that time, but its early in the morning and only one cup. I wasn’t able to find any in stock that was a few years back, or i would have tried one for sure.

3. Trash Kidd

Trash Kidd Country Gent

Dec 14, 2015
    London U.K.
    My friend El’ Nico here has the Bigsby equipped version.
    Sounds awesome IMO!

nickurso and Outlaw like this.
  4. HypotenusLuvTriangle

HypotenusLuvTriangle Country Gent

Oct 27, 2010
    Whittier, Ca
    I know Gretsch claims those PUPS were the best sounding on that guitar, but I don't believe it.

5. juks

juks Gretschie

Nov 26, 2020
    Fremont, California
    I've been keeping an eye on used T version. Or baritone in general. Not much around and expensive, but would prefer the Gretsch one. The white one (current production) looks great IMO.

6. oneforsorrow

oneforsorrow Gretschie

May 15, 2020
    Iowa
    I've not owned one. I briefly owned an Airline Baritone but it would not intonate and I returned it. Afterwards, I looked into the Gretsch Baritones but read more about intonation issues and given my experience with the Airline and the fact that my musical partner is a classically trained violinist with what must be perfect pitch, I opted for something else. However, that was merely information I read at the time and may have been specific to instruments being made at that time (2014-ish?). I never did have my hands on one.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.