SOLD Gretsch Cribbage Set

Discussion in 'Buy, Sell or Trade Negotiations' started by drmilktruck, Jul 5, 2020.

1. drmilktruck

drmilktruck I Bleed Orange

May 17, 2009
    Plymouth, MN
    Mint condition wooden cribbage board with painted Gretsch guitar on face. Beautifully made. Includes Gretsch brand card set. Unused. (My wife and son don't play cribbage.)

$25 plus $10 shipping to the US. Will ship internationally. PM me if interested. PayPal only. IMG_5861.jpeg IMG_5862.jpeg IMG_5863.jpeg

2. Ricochet

Ricochet I Bleed Orange

Nov 13, 2009
    Monkey Island
    I've never played Cribbage. How's it work?

3. drmilktruck

May 17, 2009
    Plymouth, MN
    Here you go:

Ricochet likes this.
  4. J Bird

J Bird Gretschie

Dec 2, 2016
    Washougal
    Cribbage is awesome! Fifteen two, fifteen four and a double-run for twelve.

I've got on old board passed down from grandma and grandpa.

Good luck with the sale. Someone will enjoy it.

5. Zeek

Zeek Synchromatic

May 29, 2016
    Illinos USA
    I love this game, my Dad taught me to play and we spent much Quality time playing until his death.
    I know 1 person and we play when we see each other.
    It can get loud some times , LOL
    I have been lucky enough to have a 29 hand.
    We did not realize I had it till I started counting my hand LOL, It was right in front of us.
    I was PUMPED, my buddy not so much.
    Finding someone who has heard of the game is rare ,
    finding someone who plays is even rarer.
    Being able to brag about a 29 hand even rarer rarer so here I go ,LOL.
    IMAG9810.jpg

SAguitar and J Bird like this.
  6. Zeek

Zeek Synchromatic

May 29, 2016
    Illinos USA
    I quite a few boards, but not a gretsch one

Last edited: Jul 6, 2020
  7. sgarnett

sgarnett Gretschie

Apr 14, 2020
    Kentucky
    I used to have a nice set. I think it belonged to the grandfather that died before I was born. I never knew anyone else that played it though.

8. Zeek

Zeek Synchromatic

May 29, 2016
    Illinos USA
    Cribbage is why Charles Emerson Winchester III was sent to the 4077 MASH unit.

9. Henry

Henry I Bleed Orange

Apr 9, 2014
    Petaluma
    All your base are belong to us!

Um . . . message sent.

10. drmilktruck

May 17, 2009
    Plymouth, MN
    SOLD

11. wabash slim

wabash slim Gretschified

Feb 10, 2010
    lafayette in
    15-2, 15-4. 15-6, a pair for 8, and NIBS!

Used to play with my Dad. He used the game to make me learn to use math faster.

I already have three boards, but no one wants to play---and lose.

Zeek, mrfixitmi and drmilktruck like this.
  12. Zeek

Zeek Synchromatic

May 29, 2016
    Illinos USA
    Lol, If we were close Id let ya beat me.
    My Grampa and Grandma played but I never got to play Grampa he and my dad played chess Gramps was really good (tournament good) and my dad said he never beat him. Grama played cribbage and she played solitaire (all kinds) daily till she lost her fingers.
    She loved to listen to the Cardinal game and play solitaire.
    Then she would watch me and my dad play and tell us we were loud and should play nice, LOL.
    My wife's aunt played and showed me how to play one handed cribbage ... I wish I could just cant remember how.

wabash slim likes this.
  13. Uncle Daddy

Uncle Daddy Friend of Fred

Jan 19, 2012
    Maldon UK
    I learned Crib from Cambridge maths professor when I was stuck in hospital for 3 months at the tender age of 17. I don't remember the rules much apart from getting to shout "one for his knob" during the count up.

It was an interesting summer. I fell in love with an Irish staff nurse, with emerald eyes and hair the colour of polished copper. She was twice my age and I never even knew her name.

14. wabash slim

wabash slim Gretschified

Feb 10, 2010
    lafayette in
    Well, where in Illinois are ya? I'm 30 miles or so from the state line. Here in Hoosierland, we play a lot of euchre. It's in the state law, I think, and we eat a lot of pork tenderloins as well. I grew up in the northern part of the state, and, being a good Polish kid, I'm more alike Chicago than Indiana.

Zeek and drmilktruck like this.
  15. drmilktruck

May 17, 2009
    Plymouth, MN
    A school friend of mine had the same experience as you did with the nurse. When he was 17 he met a Divorced woman at his part time job who was 34 with two daughters, ages 9 & 11 They were married a year later, but had to delay the reception as he wasn’t 19 yet, which was the legal drinking age in Minnesota then. I remember thinking he almost could have taken his step daughter to the prom! (Ewwww.) Lost touch with him so I don’t know if they stayed together. (She’d be 74 now.)

edit: you can find anything on the internet in a few minutes. They were married at least until 2002, but appear to be divorced now as he lives in Texas and she’s still in Minnesota.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2020
  16. Zeek

Zeek Synchromatic

May 29, 2016
    Illinos USA
    I am about 20 minutes from St.Louis ... or completely across the state, Lol.

wabash slim likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.