Greetings

Discussion in 'New Member Intros' started by Jardin, Jan 27, 2021.

1. wabash slim

wabash slim Gretschified

Feb 10, 2010
    lafayette in
    GAAS, like rust, never sleeps. Don't expect this tribe of rabid enablers to ever dissuade you from getting a new guitar.

Justin Saine---heh heh heh---I see what you did there.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2021
    Duo Slinger likes this.
  2. Gregor

Gregor Synchromatic

Oct 17, 2018
    New Brunswick, Canada
    It came through just fine. Love the color...beautiful guitar ...and what are the other instruments in the picture?

3. SAguitar

SAguitar Synchromatic

Jan 17, 2020
    Jack Plate, Oregon
    Welcome to the madness!

4. radd

radd Country Gent

Dec 27, 2017
    Santa Cruz
    interesting collection of instruments you have there.

Welcome

5. new6659

new6659 Country Gent

Welcome, Jardin and beautiful guitar! What kind of instrument is on the left next to it?

6. dak55

dak55 Country Gent

May 31, 2018
    Central Florida
    Welcome to the group @Jardin . To post pics from your computer click on upload a file.

Untitled.jpg

7. loudnlousy

loudnlousy Gretschified

Oct 18, 2015
    Germany
  8. Jeff67

Jeff67 Country Gent

Nov 3, 2019
    Crockett, Texas
    Welcome!

I'm curious about that, too.

9. michelb

michelb Synchromatic

Mar 27, 2020
    Belgium
    Welcome and gratz on the Gretsch.
    Capture.PNG

10. Jardin

Jardin Electromatic

Jan 8, 2021
    NM
    Yeah... I wish I could get a few more but seeing that I have been an artist / small farmer my whole life...money is definitely an object and not one I care to waste my time chasing as it takes me away from family time as well as creative time....But it doesn't mean I don't already want another!

As far as the other instruments in the picture go... Next to the Gretsch to the left is a Kora. Behind it are a set of Djun Djuns and a Djembe. There is a 12 string Kamelan N'goni next to my 50's Guild Amp as well as the 14 stringed N'goni I made all the way on the right next to the Bass and Nylon Stringed Guitar. I like to play various styles of music and instruments.

I also make Ukulele as well as Kamelan Ngoni, various hand drums and well let's just say I like to make things. Especially instruments. Not in any large production mode, just things I like doing as I have time and they sell when they sell. Always have a few instruments in the process of being made along with all the other projects I have cooking.

I'll attach a couple pictures of instruments I made last year for any curious minds. Here is a tenor Ukulele and a 12 String N'goni.

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!
    74FD0820-5500-42DA-816C-4D42B5B2254A_1_105_c.jpeg 3CBBB3DA-A5B0-4E20-9BED-249E77DF2754_1_105_c.jpeg B0E1D1AA-CBC2-46FB-B205-7D35927AB67C_1_105_c.jpeg

D5BED767-6FE2-4761-839E-53A79452770B_1_105_c.jpeg

11. Gregor

Gregor Synchromatic

Oct 17, 2018
    New Brunswick, Canada
    Wow! What talent you have. I used to do some woodworking in my former life but nothing like this. Thanks for sharing.

12. Dana Rudd

Dana Rudd Country Gent

Nov 26, 2019
    Greybull, WY
    Hello Jardin, welcome to the forum. Great looking G5422T. You certainly have some interesting musical instruments. Thanks for the pictures.

13. AllenK

AllenK Gretschie

The Walnut finish with the wood showing through always looks good. Hope you enjoy your 5422.

14. Jardin

Jardin Electromatic

Jan 8, 2021
    NM
    Thanks Gregor...your too kind... I think it is more
    stubborn tenacity & maybe a tendency to be overly persnickety about the process as well as details. That is why I say I am not fast or production minded. I go slow and it eventually all comes together & was worth the time spent.

I gotta say that I originally intended to get Orange, but this Walnut is stunning! I am usually averse to anything gold but it also works in this application.

And I really enjoy old school acoustic / tribal instruments and they are quite fun to play & make. Really gets me thinking about the roots of our species finding "music" which as a song-writer just helps me stay in tune with that primal side of things....Besides, too many old ways of making music have been lost in the sea of possibilities and it is cool to see people hear these instruments for the first time and have their mind blown. I feel they have a real relevance even in the modern conception of music.

new6659 and Gregor like this.
  15. AllenK

AllenK Gretschie

Great philosophy and it shows in the quality of the instruments you craft.

16. Ricochet

Ricochet I Bleed Orange

Nov 13, 2009
    Monkey Island
    Welcome to Gretschville! Interesting builds, tnx for sharing.

17. JT19

JT19 Gretschie

Nov 28, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    Welcome! Love the G5422TG in Walnut. Hope to have one of my own at some point. :)

18. bhatta

bhatta Gretschie

Jun 29, 2020
    Bangalore
    Welcome and congrats on the new Gretsch!
    Beautiful color and surrounded by such exotic equipment!
    Loved the picture, it threw a little light on your music love

cheers and enjoy

19. Back in Black

Back in Black Synchromatic

Jun 22, 2020
    Ontario Canada
    Jardin,

Welcome to the only guitar forum that matters.

Love the exotics, you're a true artist!

Best,

BIB.

Burnout.jpg

20. Jardin

Jardin Electromatic

Jan 8, 2021
    NM
    Thank you for the very kind words everyone.

I am digging the forum and being inspired by the content. I have a feeling that I will be making a 6120 copy some day. Of course that is what I really wanted but could not afford.

Might need to put the word out to get a tracing from someone as one of things I love about gretsch guitars are the proportions....

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.