Greetings from Italy

Discussion in 'New Member Intros' started by Altamont, Mar 3, 2021.

1. audept

audept Senior Gretsch-Talker

Dec 1, 2010
    Sydney, Australia
    That is an impressive amount of gear for a 32 year old! Some very interesting pieces there! :):cool:

2. Altamont

Altamont Electromatic

Mar 3, 2021
    Parma, Italy
    Thank you!
    I've changed a lot of instruments in these years, and almost every time i've bought a new one, i've had to sold one other instrument; moreover here in Italy, especially some years ago, these instruments were really cheap: Eko M24S is the most expensive (around 800 euros), but the other guitars were all in between 25 and 450 euros :D

Merc and audept like this.
  3. bhatta

bhatta Gretschie

Jun 29, 2020
    Bangalore
    Congrats on the Gretsch and welcome to G-T !
    Oddities, nice... :cool:

Last edited: Mar 4, 2021
    Altamont likes this.
  4. Leonardo ...
    hmmm, like the MOST common name in ITA ...
    ... in Milan you only have to tell the cabbie to take you to "Leonardo's painting"
    Of course, they all know where "The Last Supper" by da Vinci is on display.

Love Italy ... Kronplatz in the Italian Alps and
    Pescara along "il mare Adriatico" especially.

il benvenuto gli Stati Uniti
    d'America e G-T forum

Last edited: Mar 4, 2021
    Altamont likes this.
  5. manunk

manunk Gretschie

Ah Italia, I dream about finding a village to stay in for a month and get some culture. Can you suggest a fingerstyle instrumental that would bring a smile or a tear to my Italian friends here?

Altamont likes this.
  6. Merc

Merc Friend of Fred

May 6, 2017
    Florida
    Thanks for posting. That’s some great looking instruments. That Zodiac looks pretty wild.

Altamont likes this.
  7. Dana Rudd

Dana Rudd Country Gent

Nov 26, 2019
    Greybull, WY
    Hello Leonardo, welcome to G-T.
    Some fine looking equipment you. Enjoy!

Altamont likes this.
  8. Altamont

Altamont Electromatic

Mar 3, 2021
    Parma, Italy
    Thank you Jena for you kindly words about my country.
    It surely has an ancient, amazing past and amazing landscapes.
    About me, i'd really love to come to USA as soon as possibile! :)

Hi manunk, i'll certainly help you, if you want! :)
    Sadly fingerstyle music isn't my cup of tea, but i can suggest this instrumental, named after a beautiful park in Rome:

Thank you very much.
    Zodiac is a very good guitar IMHO: it's got a sweet midrange (pretty weird for italian guitar, that usually are really scooped, almost percussive) that can resemble P90s; in addition, pus are out of phase when used together and it is absolutely lightweight.

manunk and Merc like this.
  9. mbkri

mbkri Country Gent

Sep 22, 2012
    Chicago
    Welcome @Altamont.
    Love that red Baracuda.
    I had an Eko Ranger 12 string for 30 years. Sounded great, played great.... till it got all dried out and warped in the hot cold hot of the Chicago climate. hope you find answers to your tennessean question and hope you stick around to learn and share and commune with us all here on the Gretschtalk forum.

10. JC higgy

JC higgy Gretschified

Jun 6, 2008
    Belfast Norn Iron
    Welcome to GT Leonardo!

11. Archtops

Archtops Synchromatic

Mar 4, 2021
    SoCal
    Welcome to G-T Leonardo from SoCal!

12. Wavey

Wavey Gretschie

Dec 31, 2016
    NorCal
    Welcome and congrats on your 6119! Once upon a time I had a 6119 (picture below). Mine was not a vintage instrument like yours, it was one of the later model 6119-1962HT with HiLoTron pickups, more or less a reissue of the guitar George Harrison played at one time with the Beatles. Like you I thought it was truly a fabulous guitar, and I loved her. Unlike you, I sold my 6119 in a fit of madness, but maybe someday when time, space, money (and the wife) permits, I'll get another one! Cheers!

IMG_0182.JPG

new6659 and JC higgy like this.
  13. hcsterg

hcsterg Friend of Fred

Feb 13, 2012
    France
    Welcome @Altamont ! :)

Excellent collection of guitars and amps... :cool:

This one is more than cool, in particular ;
    [​IMG]

You live in the region of Parma, where Davoli-Krundaal had its factory :cool: (maybe still has ? o_O)

I'm very fond of Italian guitars, among others Galanti, Welson, and of course Davoli-Framez-Wandrè, from which my preferred ones are the Rock Oval and Spazial :

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Too bad they did not made - or so scarcely made, if ever - them in Left-Hand... :(

Oh, OK : by the way, I wouldn't be able to afford them, as they already command such high prices in Right-Hand ! :eek::rolleyes:

I also saw some Italian guitar and bass tube amps coming in for repair / restoration, from the brands Sound and Davoli, in the past. Great sounding amps... :cool:

A+!

new6659 and Jena like this.
  14. loudnlousy

loudnlousy Gretschified

Oct 18, 2015
    Germany
    Willkommen.
    Nice to meet you.
    You got some great stuff. Congratulations.

15. knavel

knavel Synchromatic

Dec 26, 2009
    London, England
    That Meazzi is cool. I lived in Piedmont for 10 years (Cuneo province). A bass player I used to play with in Turin runs a vintage gear backline service and I sold him some of my stuff before I moved back to London, the nicest being a pre 1961 Gretsch Round Badge drum set.

For all of my time in Italy I had never heard of Corland amplifiers, which is somewhat a shame given how much time I spent in Turin! The last time I was in Parma I think I wasn't -- I was on the Autostrada selling a Martin acoustic to someone.

Welcome Leo.

Jena likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.