Join Gretsch-Talk Today

Great White North Roundup 2017

Discussion in 'Gretschtogether' started by Gretsch6120, Feb 10, 2017.

1. Gretsch6120

Gretsch6120 Gretschie

Mar 7, 2010
    Kingston Ontario Canada
    Yes you read the title correctly, it's happening again this year. This will be the fifth instalment of the GWN Roundup! The date is set May 13th 2017! I don't have lots of time to talk about it yet but you know I'll be there so that's worth the admission and Joe Carducci will be in attendance so it's a two for one deal! You can't lose! Keep your eyes on this thread for updates and more details!!!! See you in May!

National19 and GoLeafsGo like this.
  2. DaddyDog

DaddyDog Country Gent

Sep 18, 2011
    Mississauga, Canada
    Hotel locked in!

3. LA Miles

LA Miles Synchromatic

Dec 6, 2012
    PA
    That big limestone one down the road a bit with turrets overlooking the lake?

4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

5. DaddyDog

DaddyDog Country Gent

Sep 18, 2011
    Mississauga, Canada
    Not again. Last time some jackass started blowing a trumpet at the crack of dawn. #FortHenry

Gretsch6120 likes this.
  6. benjwri

benjwri Country Gent

Oct 27, 2011
    Central ON Can
    Kudos to DaddyDog for his 'motel' help.
    Thanks
    Ben

7. LA Miles

LA Miles Synchromatic

Dec 6, 2012
    PA
    Maybe they knew the 'Mericans were invading again (didn't work out too good for us that time) :(
    - LOL

Last edited: Feb 12, 2017
  8. Tony65x55

Tony65x55 Friend of Fred

Sep 23, 2011
    The 'Shwa, Ontario, Canada
    Ya baby! I'll be there with the whole crew too! Ryan, are we still bringing the YBA-1's and showing these guys how Pete did it?

9. Sarah Harmer needs some coaxing...

10. Gretsch6120

Gretsch6120 Gretschie

Mar 7, 2010
    Kingston Ontario Canada
    Yes I'll dust mine off and bring it out to melt some faces lol.

11. Gretsch6120

Gretsch6120 Gretschie

Mar 7, 2010
    Kingston Ontario Canada
    Here is a little up date for all of you that are wondering, I have rented the hall Air Force Association Of Canada 416 Wing located at 200 Hampton Gray Gate, Kingston, ON K7M 8Z8. The same place its been for the last 4 years. Its on May 13th as you already know. I have procured the services of a sound man. The same gentleman as last year. So that means full PA, lights and perhaps a smoke machine, just for fun. The sound man and I had a bit of a conversation about how I could make his life easier, and we have came to a conclusion that we will have a few house guitar amps set up to use. That being said if you are there before the sound man shows up to set up we can add your amp to the mix and you can use it. What I'm trying to do is limit the tare down time for everyone that gets up there and plays. Since the amps are mic'd that means setting up the mic's on an amp again, checking levels etc as far as I'm concerned a waste of playing time. So that being said I'd like to hear from you the people that come to the event. Is this something that is unreasonable to request? I'm okay with pedal boards and such but lets not waste time switching everything that is up there. This is a fun jam not a showcase for a record contact so lets approach it that way okay. One last thing I'd like to have an allotted time for each group that gets up and plays, would 30 min work for everyone? I just want to keep things flowing and get everyone up that wants to play. Yes it seems like I'm being a drill Sargent but I want to use the sound system as much as possible and not waste the time that he is there. Let me know what you think post here or pm me email mail rcosta67AThotmail.com I'll answer your questions the best I can about the event. Stay tuned for more updates

12. DaddyDog

DaddyDog Country Gent

Sep 18, 2011
    Mississauga, Canada
    All sounds reasonable. I would add that the volume level could come down. Even Paul Pigat said he never plays that loud.

Gretsch6120 likes this.
  13. Gretsch6120

Gretsch6120 Gretschie

Mar 7, 2010
    Kingston Ontario Canada
    I will let him know to keep the levels down thanks Blair

David Mason likes this.
  14. Gretschman2

Gretschman2 Country Gent

Apr 8, 2013
    Bremerton, WA
    Will you be selling T-Shirts again this year? Love the one I got last year.

15. National19

National19 Country Gent

Jan 4, 2014
    Ottawa Canada
    What's that saying Blair? If it's too loud, you're too old. But I must be getting old too then, I agree with you.

images_maninchair.jpg

DaddyDog and Gretsch6120 like this.
  16. Gretsch6120

Gretsch6120 Gretschie

Mar 7, 2010
    Kingston Ontario Canada
    Working on a new design hopefully I'll get some printed

National19 and Gretschman2 like this.
  17. Gretschman2

Gretschman2 Country Gent

Apr 8, 2013
    Bremerton, WA
    Cool, count me in if you do. Can't have enough Gretsch T-Shirts I always say. At least they're cheaper than the guitars.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2017
    Gretsch6120 likes this.
  18. Tony65x55

Tony65x55 Friend of Fred

Sep 23, 2011
    Hard to disagree Ryan. I can bring a silverface Princeton Reverb if we need some little stuff with great tone. Your call. I'll reach out by email.

19. Gretsch6120

Gretsch6120 Gretschie

Mar 7, 2010
    Kingston Ontario Canada
    Sure that's great Tony we'll welcome that amp to the mix, bring the Traynor too ;)

20. Tony65x55

Tony65x55 Friend of Fred

Sep 23, 2011
    Will do, let me know what else you might need.

Traynor has JJ 6V6 in it so it's about 25 watts.

21. wildeman

wildeman Friend of Fred

May 10, 2015
    norcal
    Sounds like the ygm 3 would be perfect.

Gretsch6120 likes this.