Great Reverb Toneprint, For All You TC Electronic Guys

Discussion in 'Pedal Pushers Forum' started by Synchro, Jul 31, 2021.

1. Synchro

Synchro The artist formerly known as: Synchro Staff Member

Jun 2, 2008
    Tucson
    Admin Post
    I’m expecting a Catalinbread Talisman Plate Reverb (simulation) pedal tomorrow, which means that I needed to find a strong Spring Reverb for one of my boards. I went through the TC Electronic TonePrint app and tested several spring reverb TonePrints, most of which either left me flat, or were so complex sounding that it wouldn’t work for my needs. I just wanted a powerful Spring Reverb which would work for Surf.

After trying at least a half dozen, I chanced upon the Steve Morse Spring TonePrint and, by George, that worked. I don’t think I’ve ever heard so much drip from a reverb pedal. It was about as close to a 6G15 as I’ve ever heard, and there were no artifacts that I could detect. For a Hall of Fame, or Hall of Fame Mini, or possibly the Plethora answer to surfy drip may be just this simple.

Waxhead, pmac11, gtttrrr and 4 others like this.
  2. G5422T

G5422T Country Gent

May 24, 2012
    usa
    Well that's cool.

3. bhatta

bhatta Gretschie

Jun 29, 2020
    Bangalore
    TC seems to be doing good under Behringer!
    Have been seeing good reviews for most products...
    I am eyeing a reverb and delay and to fit my budget am leaning towards Behringer...
    Cheers

thunder58 likes this.
  4. Groutsch

Groutsch Gretschie

Jun 9, 2018
    Maryland, US
    I think I sacrificed the Tone Print app when my old phone ran out of memory. I need to try it again.

You're going to like the Talisman pedal, it's a winner.

5. Synchro

Jun 2, 2008
    Tucson
    Admin Post
    Thanks, Groutsch. I’ve been fascinated by the Talisman for some time now, and decided to give it a try. I have a Stanley Blue Nebula, which includes a very good emulation of Abby Road’s plate units, but I wanted high quality plate for another board, so I went for the Talisman. Lots of knobs to fiddle with and being able to set the pre-delay sounds like a great feature. Catalinbread makes great stuff.

6. J Bird

J Bird Gretschie

Thanks for reminding me that I need to download the Toneprint app. And thanks for tracking down something I will use. Much appreciated. If you have any other favorites, I have three open spots.

7. Synchro

Jun 2, 2008
    Tucson
    Admin Post
    The Robben Ford “Air” TonePrint is worth a listen. It’s a plate emulation, but designed to behave more like a spring reverb, sans the metallic sound.

C0087483-F64E-4E0D-BE99-E72CF52EE673.png

I also have the “Spring Onion” …
    CD324925-5A5F-411F-BDFB-D502F5ECB284.png

… and the “HOF 2 Plate 2” …

93F83079-3BDD-4D0F-A7D3-DFC58456F6A7.png

… loaded on the three optional slots of my HOF 2.

There is also the Uriah Duffy Aftershock, which is triggered by the attack of the note, sort of like an envelope follower. This one doesn’t work for my needs, but it is a cool effect and would probably be great for Blues.

I’m a reverb freak. Sometimes I think that I need a 12-step plan. :) Hi, I’m Synchro, and I’m a ‘verboholic. :) Strangely, I tend to use a mellow plate for most playing, but I love to have some other cool reverbs at the ready. Here’s another favorite, the EarthQuaker Devices Dispatch Master, which combines hall reverb and delay. I use it for the Chet stuff.

Waxhead, new6659 and pmac11 like this.
  8. pmac11

pmac11 Country Gent

Mar 4, 2018
    Toronto, Ontario
    Thanks for the recommendations @Synchro ! I recently picked up the HOF mini2. I've got the EMT410 loaded in at the moment, will check out the others you mention.

9. Synchro

Jun 2, 2008
    Tucson
    Admin Post
    Where can I find that EMT 410 TonePrint? That sounds interesting.

10. pmac11

pmac11 Country Gent

Mar 4, 2018
    Toronto, Ontario
    @Synchro it's on the list of Toneprints for the HOF Mini 2. Edit: it's EMT140, apologies for the typo. By TC Electronic.

11. Jeff67

Jeff67 Country Gent

Nov 3, 2019
    Crockett, Texas
    I'm loving mine!:)

12. J Bird

J Bird Gretschie

That Steve Morse Spring is yummy! Easy peasy, and only bumped the tone tone to one o'clock to brighten it up. There's Masterpiece Theater going on here, so a quick surf medley was the little taste I got.

13. Synchro

Jun 2, 2008
    Tucson
    Admin Post
    Hey! The EMT 410 doesn’t sound anything like the EMT 140. :)

Found that TonePrint. I’ll have to give it a try.
    Glad to hear it. Mine drove right past the house on its way to Phoenix, but won’t be back until Monday.
    It is a great Surf sound.

pmac11 likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.