Got my Mystery Brain!!!!

JCW513

Gretschie
Sep 21, 2017
Boston
I got my Mystery Brain today. Only got to play it for 20 minutes... Its amazing. Thats all I can say. I have Boss RE-20.. Nice pedal, but it couldn't carry the the Mystery Brains jockstrap..

Really, I knew it would be nice, but its REALLY nice.. I didn't have time to really use it, but the little I did, I was impressed.

Thanks Tavo!

Mr. Lumbergh

Country Gent
May 14, 2013
Initech, Inc.
It's pretty awesome, isn't it?
I never thought I'd use that preamp, I had no real use for it, I just wanted a great tape echo. And I got a great tape echo. But it also turns out that that preamp does amazing things to Filtertrons and single coils. The preamp's on now more often than the echo is.

JCW513

Gretschie
Sep 21, 2017
Boston
Pics? Which series is shipping now, is it the silver ones? Glad you love it. Think I need one!
I'll post pics later this morning.. Its the silver one. I also payed the extra $30 for the Toshiba chip..... The Boss Re-20 is a cool pedal, but thats going on ebay soon.

JCW513

Gretschie
Sep 21, 2017
Boston
Just an update...( I promise to post pics)... I've only got about 45 minutes playing time with it. Had to work at my sisters all day yesterday and my brothers all day today... They've been robbing me of time with my Mystery Brain. I'm not one of these guys that can literally write up a review about a rock and tell you why you should buy it... But you should buy this pedal.. The Boss RE20 for instance, nice pedal, but I don't like the way it sounds with dirt... Thats just me, i've only played it with the Jr Barnyard, but it sounds great... I've plugged my Setzer Hot Rod and Esquire into my Vintage 47 EH185 replica.

Really, if you can swing it... Buy it.

rob batz

Country Gent
Apr 17, 2014
Bristol ct.
Nice !! Congrats , and welcome to the club ! These pedals became a addiction for me and I have 4 nocturne brain pedals now , all I use , billy brain first into fuzz ray, into ubangi stomp, into mystery brain , then into a oceans 11 reverb !! Perfect !

Gretschmen65

Country Gent
May 20, 2016
QLD Australia
Nice !! Congrats , and welcome to the club ! These pedals became a addiction for me and I have 4 nocturne brain pedals now , all I use , billy brain first into fuzz ray, into ubangi stomp, into mystery brain , then into a oceans 11 reverb !! Perfect !

How do you get a "wet" sound? :)

rob batz

Country Gent
Apr 17, 2014
Bristol ct.
How do you get a "wet" sound? :)
Spring reverb setting everything close to max on the oceans 11 reverb the wet dry is 50/50 on the reverb as well , my mystery brain is set 50/50 wet dry mix as well, I dunno it’s a rockabilly surf mix , but I can also with pick attack or playing style make the surf more surfy and the rockabilly more rockabilly then the ushaul mix of both spring reverb and delay pedals , either way my billy Brain pedal or mystery brain pre amp drives that oceans 11reverb so good !!

Jevan

Mar 19, 2016
U.S.
Got mine today! Again Tavo knocks it out of the park with another fantastic pedal. I’m at a loss for words on how great this pedal sounds.
Won’t be able to sleep tonight knowing there is a Mystery Brain rollin’ in the room next door.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk