Got a lemon

Discussion in 'THE Gretsch Discussion Forum' started by BoundandPurfled, Jul 28, 2021.

1. BoundandPurfled

BoundandPurfled Gretschie

Mar 22, 2012
    Oregon
    This is the 4th new Gretsch I’ve gotten from them, and several used and it’s the first time Ive had an issue

2. Waxhead

Waxhead Country Gent

Aug 30, 2014
    Australia
    From the 100's of reviews I've seen of GC you were been lucky with the 1st 3.
    Good thing we don't have them in Australia :D

3. S.R.Cash

S.R.Cash Gretschie

Aug 29, 2019
    Ontario, Canada
    When I got mine (in white), it had a neck that wouldn't set to a good spot due to a couple very bad frets, and the binding near the body around the neck was coming out. The peg for the A string was floppy as well and I couldn't tighten it. It too went back after a couple weeks and I ended up going the Martin route!

4. ~$600 guitar. At what price are there no lemons?

QA should have caught this.
    Does not recommend the work & would leave a bad feeling, at least if it were me.

If Guitar Center sells unexamined, then they are not recommended.

5. Hydroman

Hydroman Gretschie

Feb 29, 2016
    FUNtucky, Ca.
    I had a similar buzzing sound at the 15th fret on my Rancher as well on the high E string.
    Popped off the truss rod cover, gave it a small turn with my allen wrench and the buzz dissapeared.
    I installed 11's on my guitar when I got it . Plays great without issue.

6. BoundandPurfled

BoundandPurfled Gretschie

Mar 22, 2012
    Oregon
    Out of the ones I’ve ordered, all the boxes looked like they were unopened, with fender pallet tags unbroken. So no I doubt they open anything that’s not going on their wall

7. I wonder if the resellers who supposedly examine the product, actually do—or whether they just slice the tape at the end to make it look like they did.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.