Got a ghost story ? ( or Spirits ) ?

Discussion in 'Fred's Barcalounge' started by thunder58, Jun 14, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tartanphantom

tartanphantom Friend of Fred

Jul 30, 2008
    Murfreesboro, TN
    No ghost stories, but these are the spirits that I am most acquainted with--

[​IMG]

2. NJDevil

NJDevil Synchromatic

Jul 9, 2014
    Commack, NY
    Old Tappan.... The house still has the same brown cedar shingles. It feels weird driving by knowing I can't pull in the driveway.

mrfixitmi likes this.
  3. Rock Lajoint

Rock Lajoint Synchromatic

Nov 16, 2014
    Sussex, England
    Bunnahabhain, a favourite of mine.
    I recommend Arran 10 year old if you can get it. Also the Arran 'Robert Burns' single malt is good.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2021
    tartanphantom likes this.
  4. El Marin

El Marin Gretschie

No mate, no sane at all :D

Me neither, but at least I don't believe in imaginary things.

I am still with Randy. I will give a Million Dollar to anybody who can prove any of that kinda bullsh*t. Because all this is just bullsh*t. No, there is no life after death, no, nobody can talk with dead, no, no dead will come back to talk to you. Please,

Is just your mind. Live with it.

Look at you watch, phone or computer... we are in 2021!!! come on!

Last edited: Jun 15, 2021
    Waxhead and JeffreyLeePierre like this.
  5. hcsterg

hcsterg Friend of Fred

Feb 13, 2012
    France
    Oh, so suddenly I'm in need of a little (or not so little :D) glass bottom of Chartreuse du Neuvième Millénaire, of Mandarine Napoléon, of Liqueur de Sapin Bollenberg, of Aranciata è Limoncello, of... OK : now let's go sleeping ! :confused:;)

A+!

JeffreyLeePierre likes this.
  6. Rock Lajoint

Rock Lajoint Synchromatic

Nov 16, 2014
    Sussex, England
    I'd suggest you drop it.

mrfixitmi, Marko60 and thunder58 like this.
  7. thunder58

thunder58 Super Moderator Staff Member

Dec 23, 2010
    tappan ny
    Admin Post
    I've got this , thanks

mrfixitmi and Rock Lajoint like this.
  8. thunder58

thunder58 Super Moderator Staff Member

Dec 23, 2010
    tappan ny
    Admin Post
    @El Marin , I've sent you a PM

9. tartanphantom

tartanphantom Friend of Fred

Jul 30, 2008
    Murfreesboro, TN
    The Arran 10 (special amarone cask finish) is in the picture, back row behind the Glen Moray 16. The regular Arran 10 is in another cabinet. I have 3 cabinets dedicated exclusively to scotch-- I've been a scotch enthusiast for 30 years. ;)

Rock Lajoint likes this.
  10. Henry

Henry I Bleed Orange

Apr 9, 2014
    Petaluma
    I concede the possibility but it takes a lot more scientific evidence than currently available to make me "believe".

Ricochet likes this.
  11. Ricochet

Ricochet Senior Gretsch-Talker

Nov 13, 2009
    Monkey Island
    I’m sure suggestion plays a part. But since you seem to favour the rational approach…why would there be accounts of people experiencing things they have no previous knowledge of, experience with, flat out do not believe, or at least are sceptical of?

12. DennisC

DennisC Country Gent

May 11, 2017
    Germany
    I don't know.

Maybe they weren't as sceptical as they said they were. In all these reports, there's a lot where the only source is one human being, with all its flaws, shortcomings, and the fact that momories change every time we recall them, and often if we don't recall them, too. That's open doors to misinterpretation, suggestery, over- and under-interpretation of some aspects and so on and so on.

I have by no means doubt that one can experience a lot of strange things, like cat's feet which one might see and hear, although the cat they belong to isn't alive anymore ... or health issues getting better after a treatment with a haunted shoe (as I'm not a native - being haunted can mean in a positive way, right? I mean it that way here), which may result from a placebo ... but, experiencing stuff and said stuff being real are different things, not only while under the influence of hallucinogenes, it takes a lot less to get a human mind into seeing, hearing, knowing, feeling things, as our internal model of the outside world makes a lot assumptions and guesses all the time.

But then, I think ... what is more likely? That some supernatural stuff happens to me, while none of any supernatural ever was proven, or that my mind, my brain, plays a trick on me or has a flaw in a software developed way before modern society and surroundings were even to be thought of? And, as boring as this is, in the end, the likelihood of supernatural stuff is pretty low, that of the other explanations, those which comply with laws of nature, is very high.

The good old knowing who is on the phone and that there is a severe problem ... had that a few times. But I also had this feeling a few times, and there wasn't anything special to report, it just had felt that way beforehand. Which cases will I remember? Clearly, the cases with impossible knowledge are the ones sticking out, the ones everyone would remember ... the other, likely, are forgotten withing a few days. Like close-to-accidents ... had I hundreds of them, thousands, ... ? Don't know, but every real accident in traffic at least, I still remember (weren't that many to begin with). And one close-to-accident, I still love to remember because I reacted exactly right and faster than I could think, break, release, turn left, right, right, left, on my lane again, must have been millimeters between her car and mine. Neither breaking, or evading the collision, alone, would have succeeded there.

I tried a ouija board once or twice. A friend had bought it and claimed it worked ... it worked, with someone grabbing the pointing device who knew the answer. Now, that was a surprise.......

13. Lockupyourfatdog

Lockupyourfatdog Synchromatic

Aug 8, 2016
    Everett wa
    Oh yes. My x and I lived in a house with an uneasy feeling. Can’t explain it but everyone could feel it. Like something isn’t right. My music room was in the basement and she worked nights so I would practice down there after work. Her dogs would usually hang out with me.

one day I was working on the next hit single as we all are, and I heard the door open up stairs. The dog got up and went up stairs and I could hear the dog playing and a voice playing with the dog talking in that high pitched cutsie voice that people do with their dogs. I was thinking cool! My girl got to come home early today. Then the dog came down stairs with me and laid down. But my lady didn’t come down to say hello. I thought she was mad so I called her. She was still at work! I then had an overwhelming feeling to drop everything and get out of the house! Never stayed there alone again

mrfixitmi likes this.
  14. Ricochet

Ricochet Senior Gretsch-Talker

Nov 13, 2009
    Monkey Island
    I think that is a healthy attitude.

Apart from my own experiences, I know plenty accounts of people I trust. Might as well be a million accounts and absolutely none of it would be considered proof or scientific evidence. The only “scientific” box it sorta fits is of psychological disorders.:rolleyes:

And you bet I’m fully aware I just set myself up.

Henry likes this.
  15. Uncle Daddy

Uncle Daddy Friend of Fred

Jan 19, 2012
    Maldon UK
    At the age of 15, a few of us got together to mess around with a Ouija board, against my better judgement. We used some bits of paper with the letters on, and an upside down glass which we all put a finger on, and before long it was moving round the table spelling things out. One by one, the other kids got freaked until I was the only one touching the glass, and I can guarantee I wasn't pushing it. Suddenly it threw itself off the table, a candle blew out, a plate shattered and the doorbell rang with nobody there. Last time I mucked about with the dark side.

16. afire

afire Country Gent

Agreed, except these weren't his servants. They were engineers and other staff of his industrial operations.
    I had the feeling that it was rooted in some intellectually guided social movement. People were trying a lot of different things on for size around that time.

hcsterg and Ricochet like this.
  17. slickfaster

slickfaster Country Gent

Dec 29, 2009
    USA

I give you the Ghost of Stairway to Heaven in the song Spirit

new6659 likes this.
  18. Marko60

Marko60 Gretschie

Mar 26, 2021
    Yorkshire, England
    Just nailing my colours to the mast here - Yes, I believe in life after death and always have done. I have never seen (to my knowledge) a spirit or ghost.

However, I have known a handful of very credible people who have.

The first person I will mention is my dad, who never talks about this, but I know he has seen some very nasty things not of this world. My youngest daughter, who is now thirty years old, has been seeing spirits and having these experiences over the last twelve years or so, people in the same room as her, unexplainable sounds emitting from the house etc. Again, she does not talk about it, keeps it to herself, her friends do not know and she never brings these experiences up unless it is with me, my wife, or my dad who has had similar experiences. Last of all, when my wife was in her early twenties, she was nursing at a Hospital in Manchester (England) in what is called a Nightingale ward. For those of you not aware, it is one of the old fashioned types of hospital ward, long and rectangular, with beds either side, at the bottom end of the ward was the patients day room, where they could sit. The only entrance to this room was from the ward, no other doors at all. The nurses station was at the entrance to the ward. One night she was working with a colleague and they both noticed a light coming from the day room. All patients were counted and were asleep in their beds. So my wife and her colleague walked down to the day room to investigate. The doors were the old fashioned ones you would see in hospitals, solid with the exception of a circular window at head height. As they looked through the window, looking back at them was the face of an elderly man, some what grey in its appearance. Both my wife and her colleague saw this. No one had entered the ward, as they would have had to pass the nursing station. The incident was reported and security was called, as per requirements by the hospital for sightings of unknown people on the premisis. A week later, it was made known to my wife and her colleague from nursing management, that within recent times, several nurses (not knowing about other reports) had all reported the same experience, along with the heater in the room being turned on and no explanation for it being on.

just my two penny worth.

19. TSims1

TSims1 Gretschified

Jun 18, 2013
    Atlanta

Wise.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.