Good afternoon -

Which Gretsch creature do you fancy most?

• Falcon

Votes: 7 53.8%
  • Penguin

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • Tiger...bat?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Steer

Votes: 1 7.7%

• Total voters

gordo_evans

Electromatic
Jan 24, 2022
Ōsaka, Japan
Hi All,

Recently taken the plunge back into the electric guitar fold; picked up a straightforward and very fun Streamliner 2210. I don't know what it is about this neck but I love it. Waaay off and not worthy at present, the dream Gretsch - no question - is the Penguin. That funky water bird just does it for me.

Have joined with intention to ask the folks here a couple of questions while learning from/enjoying the various exchanges. It's amazing how great and giving the various guitar communities are. And funny. That smart-funny. Hyper-decent internet-corners.

Go well!

Gordon

gordo_evans

Electromatic
Jan 24, 2022
Ōsaka, Japan
That is quite the collection! I tried to play a colleague's Martin once - immediately snapped a string and then put it down again. Several factors spring to mind. I continue to hear great things about Yamaha the last while...

On this side, the Gretsch, a great MIJ (go figure) Tele I picked up second-hand just the other day, and my trusty Baby Taylor - the one that kept things ticking over in the years between, um, electricity.

gordo_evans

Electromatic
Jan 24, 2022
Ōsaka, Japan
Well that's a double welcome doormat then!
View attachment 174267 View attachment 174268
Wow, how many mats do you have in your collection over there? Seriously, that's tremendous - made my day.

What other guitars are do you, Stefan87 and Highroller (thanks + greetings to both of you!) keep in your arsenal? Or are the lists a little long to state here? Any one particular Gretsch/guitar memory come to mind this moment?

audept

Senior Gretsch-Talker
Dec 1, 2010
Sydney, Australia
Wow, how many mats do you have in your collection over there? Seriously, that's tremendous - made my day.

What other guitars are do you, Stefan87 and Highroller (thanks + greetings to both of you!) keep in your arsenal? Or are the lists a little long to state here? Any one particular Gretsch/guitar memory come to mind this moment?
Here's a link to my guitar photo album:
https://www.gretsch-talk.com/members/audept.5307/
(go to media tab)

JC higgy

Gretschified
Jun 6, 2008
Belfast Norn Iron
Welcome to GT Gordon!

I do love a Falcon,but I also have a soft spot for that rather confused looking Steer.:)1955 6120 is my dream geet.
Can't vote twice so voted for said confused steer.;)

Highroller

Country Gent
Jun 11, 2015
Portland, OR
I'm going with JC and assuming "Steer" would be a western 6120, but "Tiger Bat"? I'm lost on that one! Can't vote until I figure it out! LoL!

... What other guitars are do you, Stefan87 and Highroller (thanks + greetings to both of you!) keep in your arsenal? ... Any one particular Gretsch/guitar memory come to mind this moment?

Yep, I have stories and guitars, a fair number of both! I've been playing a very long time, they tend to accumulate over the years.

Stefan87

Country Gent
May 20, 2019
Brisbane, Australia

I haven't got many guitars compared to others here.
2 x G5230 Electro jets
black and white penguins
double anniversary
tennessean
setzer sig Nashville
squier telecaster
schecter c1
maton acoustic.
No stories, well cool ones anyway, im boring lol.

Latest posts