Get Back - Going to Watch?

Discussion in 'THE Gretsch Discussion Forum' started by drmilktruck, Nov 11, 2021.

1. loudnlousy

loudnlousy Gretschified

Oct 18, 2015
    Germany
    Absolutely.

And I think that there is a absence of fear and unneccessary respect in his compositions. His songs are not caculated to be hits. He is so selfconfident that they seem to come to him total naturally. Like a child having fun.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2021
    section2 and mrfixitmi like this.
  2. o_O The Vitriola is an overrated instrument! :D

drmilktruck and MrWookiee like this.
  3. Ashley1983

Ashley1983 Gretschie

Aug 9, 2020
    England
    I don’t have Disney but I’m planning to have a day off pack off the family and enjoy it in peace

can’t wait

drmilktruck likes this.
  4. drmilktruck

drmilktruck I Bleed Orange

May 17, 2009
    Plymouth, MN
    Paul is probably my favorite Beatle, but I'd likely have punched him the face every so often!

5. ZackyDog

ZackyDog Friend of Fred

Feb 6, 2015
    In the USA
    Me too, but he seemed more motivated than the others to keep going, especially after Brian Epstein passed away.

gretschbigsby and mrfixitmi like this.
  6. They dont use any effects in rehearsals or on the roof. Its guitars into a twin, or so it seems, and a bass into a bassman of sorts. No other effects. I cant get a good glimpse of the PA or monitors. But they make all the simplicity work.

section2 likes this.
  7. b_hoves

b_hoves Electromatic

Sep 23, 2021
    Gold Coast, Australia
    Have watched the first 2 parts and watching part 3 now. It's such an amazing insight into the inner workings of the Beatles. I empathise with Harrison and Ringo. It seemed like if it was a Harrison or Ringo song they weren't given as much time to work through as a Lennon or McCartney song. Like they had to figure it out themselves almost completely before they came to the studio. But songs like Let it Be, Get Back or Don't Let Me Down were worked on as a band for days.

mrfixitmi and GlenP like this.
  8. englishman

englishman Gretschified

Apr 5, 2014
    Detroit
    George is clearly using some kind of wah and phaser.

9. Highroller

Highroller Country Gent

Jun 11, 2015
    Portland, OR
    I believe George was running his Tele thru a Leslie rotating speaker cabinet, at least in the studio. That would account for the "phaser" type effect. But yeah, minimal pedal use in general. Look at the rooftop shots, I don't see a single one!

Part 3 was fun, I love how they just left the constables waiting in the foyer and kept on playing on the roof. Stick it to the Man, Lads! Ha!

And then George discussing how he'd like to do a solo project. Obviously, he was already envisioning a post-Beatle life, and with a portfolio of songs like the ones that became All Things Must Pass, yeah - why not! Can't blame him.

One thing I did note - the complete omission of Across The Universe, a song that featured prominently in the original movie. I don't think we even heard a snippet of it. I wonder why ...

Anyway, I enjoyed it. And now that's it's done, I never have to watch it again. That was a big enough Beatles fix to last many, many years!

mrfixitmi and Sabato like this.
  10. Sabato

Sabato Country Gent

Mar 22, 2019
    Massachusetts
    Watched two of the three so far (and it isn't three two-hour episodes as I've watched six hours already!)
    I'm surprised how many "Abby Road" titles they have written already, then I remember that Abby Road came out in the Fall of '69 and Let It Be not until May 0f '70.

ZackyDog likes this.
  11. Silly me. Just like the rest of them, i overlooked him.

section2 and MrWookiee like this.
  12. Gretschtim1

Gretschtim1 Country Gent

Dec 4, 2012
    Dundalk, Md
    George never wrote that one but did a great version of it. It was written by Rudy Clark who also wrote Good Lovin' by The Rascals...:).

ishtar, mrfixitmi and MrWookiee like this.
  13. radd

radd Country Gent

Dec 27, 2017
    Santa Cruz
    Watched the trailer today. It was a fairly long trailer and was very entertaining. Looks like radwife and I will be watching it.

Sabato and mrfixitmi like this.
  14. GlenP

GlenP Country Gent

Jul 23, 2019
    WA

in the same time frame, maybe a year earlier in the Abbey Road studios, these folks were also hard at work on a record...before CSNY, N sang with these guys.

drmilktruck, new6659 and Gretschtim1 like this.
  15. gretschbigsby

gretschbigsby Gretschie

Nov 21, 2009
    chicago
    When they finally get to the concert, it seems like the fun in the entire experience. Even Paul and George, who didn't want to go to the roof, were clearly having a good time. Pretty tight band.

drmilktruck likes this.
  16. gretschbigsby

gretschbigsby Gretschie

Nov 21, 2009
    chicago
    https://twitter.com/Steven_Hyden/status/1464255119965532161

[Every scene in GET BACK]

Michael Lindsay Hogg: Let’s move this production to Libya!

George Harrison: You’re an idiot. Everyone here is an idiot.

Ringo Starr: I love all of you.

John Lennon: [Stoned]

Paul McCartney: [working out yet another incredible song on piano/bass]

section2, drmilktruck and b_hoves like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.