Get Back - Going to Watch?

Sabato

Country Gent
Mar 22, 2019
Massachusetts
I read that she influenced the ladies in this band; no kidding.

@thunder58

Cindy Wilson:
"We were big fans of The Beatles and John Lennon," explains Wilson. "And you know, I always thought that Yoko was the coolest. She brought an art form to her singing, which was kind of abstract and primal."
"I love that element and I was doing that as one of the parts, you know, and I said: 'We've got to keep that, let's do that.' It is a tribute to Yoko and her spirit," says Wilson.
The B-52s were inspired by Ono, but they, in turn, inspired Ono and Lennon.
Lennon told the story in his last-ever interview with Rolling Stone magazine:
"I was at a dance club one night in Bermuda. Upstairs, they were playing disco, and downstairs I suddenly heard 'Rock Lobster' by the B-52s for the first time. Do you know it? It sounds just like Yoko's music, so I said to meself, 'It's time to get out the old ax and wake the wife up!'"
Lennon then called Ono and the two started composing songs, over the telephone, after taking a five-year hiatus from music. The result was their collaborative album, Double Fantasy.

Gretschtim1

Country Gent
Dec 4, 2012
Dundalk, Md
I read that she influenced the ladies in this band; no kidding.

@thunder58

I heard the Yoko influence as soon as I heard Rock Lobster.
I turn that song off just like I turn Yoko's songs off.
Double Fantasy would have been a better album if they dumped the Yoko stuff and replaced it with John's songs that were on the Milk And Honey album.

Gretschtim1

Country Gent
Dec 4, 2012
Dundalk, Md
Well at least on that performance he didn't sound much better than Yoko. Sounds like he was sawing wood while Yoko was scraping nails on glass...:D.
Such a waste of all that talent on that stage and having Yoko as the front man.
All I can say is that there must have been some really good weed going around the stage that night...:).

Runamok

Country Gent
I saw the original Let It Be movie years ago in a theater. (Remember those?) It confirmed my hatred of Yoko Ono. (Parasite that leached off John Lennon. How come nobody murdered her?)
C’mon. Primal Scream therapy is back IN.

Why are people mad at her? (oh yeah, that voice)
I think you should be mad at Lennon for making her part of the band simply because they dated or married.

In consequence, the archetypal behavior has a name when one person in a relationship automagically extends their talent /skillset/ career expertise to include whomever they are sleeping with.

Yoko Ono Syndrome.

Runamok

Country Gent
I heard the Yoko influence as soon as I heard Rock Lobster.
I turn that song off just like I turn Yoko's songs off.

Double Fantasy would have been a better album if they dumped the Yoko stuff
and replaced it with John's songs that were on the Milk And Honey album.
If I had the channel I’d watch some of it. I’m just not getting the channel because of it.

Too much focus on Yoko. The subject of the programs is the Beatles.
That said, I honestly didn’t remember she sang on Double Fantasy. Was the premise of the title & album, right?

I had to go look: She got 7 tracks & he got 7 tracks. What they did on that, was their business, not the Beatles. Nobody else’s girlfriend or wife were featured in the Beatles, so far as I know.

Why don’t they ever put an opera diva’s husband in the opera?

Gretschtim1

Country Gent
Dec 4, 2012
Dundalk, Md
If I had the channel I’d watch some of it. I’m just not getting the channel because of it.

Too much focus on Yoko. The subject of the programs is the Beatles.
That said, I honestly didn’t remember she sang on Double Fantasy. Was the premise of the title & album, right?

I had to go look: She got 7 tracks & he got 7 tracks. What they did on that, was their business, not the Beatles. Nobody else’s girlfriend or wife were featured in the Beatles, so far as I know.

Why don’t they ever put an opera diva’s husband in the opera?
Linda actually sang some on the White Album and Let It Be. Linda took a lot a flak but she did harmonize well on the Wings albums and she held her own when I saw them live.
Yoko - not so much.

Sabato

Country Gent
Mar 22, 2019
Massachusetts
I liked much of what Paul was doing prior to his tragic and untimely death in 1966...
12150024_f520.jpg

Henry

I Bleed Orange
Apr 9, 2014
Petaluma
C’mon. Primal Scream therapy is back IN.

Why are people mad at her? (oh yeah, that voice)
I think you should be mad at Lennon for making her part of the band simply because they dated or married.

In consequence, the archetypal behavior has a name when one person in a relationship automagically extends their talent /skillset/ career expertise to include whomever they are sleeping with.

Yoko Ono Syndrome.
Yep. Blame Yoko for being Yoko, but Lennon deserves all the blame for being Lennon.

Runamok

Country Gent
Linda actually sang some on the White Album and Let It Be. Linda took a lot a flak but she did harmonize well on the Wings albums and she held her own when I saw them live.
Yoko - not so much.
There are no bends in her Primal Screams.
I am disappointed the wives & girlfriends of the Fab Four did not record their own album.

It occurs to me that maybe Yoko was parodying Linda! Nah.
Anyway, hope all enjoy the program. Better than football.

freddyfingers

Gretschified
Saw the first episode tonight. I was riveted to the screen as it was very cool watching them go through the process of creating masterpieces that we all know today, and they fumbled around with them in the studio. The first episode needed with George walking out, and ever after they all visited him outside of the movie studios, he still said no. So probably catch the next episode tomorrow. Mrs Fingers was not able to sit through all of it. It was a tad long for her, but if your interested it keeps your attention. Kind of like the Ken burns civil war documentary. If your got past the first hour, you were unable to miss any others.

Latest posts