GC special edition 5410t

Discussion in 'Electromatic Gretsch Forum' started by J Bird, Apr 21, 2021.

1. J Bird

J Bird Synchromatic

Was in GC a couple of days ago. What really grabbed my eye was two or three 5410t's that I can't find in any catalog. All had two tone front/back colors. Very classy. Sorry, no pics.

Anyone else see these?

GlenP likes this.
  2. Ted Keane

Ted Keane Electromatic

Mar 19, 2016
    Ft Collins,Colorado
    MF,Music Zoo,ect. have them

J Bird likes this.
  3. Randy99CL

Randy99CL Country Gent

Feb 17, 2020
    Albuquerque
    J Bird, GlenP and thunder58 like this.
  4. J Bird

J Bird Synchromatic

I guess I'm going to have to make a special trip back to GC to confirm what I remember. I swear I saw the guitar pictured above, as well as the blue model mate, and both had contrasting back/sides, not just the neck.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2021
  5. Randy99CL

Randy99CL Country Gent

Feb 17, 2020
    Albuquerque
    Look closely at the pics on the Gretsch site, the back of the neck and the body sides match. Gold on one and white on the other two.

J Bird likes this.
  6. capnhiho

capnhiho Country Gent

Feb 16, 2013
    California
    Yep. A friend bought the white/gold one.
    It’s a beauty!!

J Bird likes this.
  7. J Bird

J Bird Synchromatic

My eyes and memory didn't deceive me. They changed from neck only contrast to neck, back and sides. So much better than what is shown at the Gretsch, GC and MF websites.
    20210421_113251.jpg 20210421_113150.jpg

Outlaw and Archtops like this.
  8. J Bird

J Bird Synchromatic

OMG! The pictures I took don't reveal the difference between the stock photos and the guitars I saw at GC.

What I needed to capture is that the backs of the guitars are the same color as the neck and sides. Until Randy99CL prompted me to closely examine the stock photos, I failed to see the color of the sides of the body, at all. On a white background, the sides completely blended in on the turquoise and red ones, especially on the Gretsch site, less so on MF and GC.

Anyhow, the backs match the sides and the neck, not the top. Sorry, no pics.

At least my trip back allowed me to play a bunch of acoustic guitars, same as on Monday. Didn't play any Martin's, but did play many others.
    The Gretsch Honey Dripper resonator is a beast, I'm guessing 14 or 15 pounds, it was fun to play, for sure, but heavy.

Archtops likes this.
  9. Archtops

Archtops Country Gent

Mar 4, 2021
    SoCal
    Those two color Gretsch guitars sure are tempting. I had the honey dipper for about a week and although a very cool guitar, it was a beast.

J Bird likes this.
  10. jfassett

jfassett Synchromatic

Dec 9, 2017
    Tucson
    At least the GC you were in had some guitars, the store near me in Tucson has very little inventory, for GC at least. Depressing going there!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.