GC and MF sites down?

Discussion in 'Fred's Barcalounge' started by MrWookiee, May 5, 2021.

1. MrWookiee

MrWookiee Synchromatic

Jun 17, 2020
    SoCal, USA
    When I tried to go to MF and GC sites just now I got "Access Denied" messages. Other sites qork fine, and GC/MF were okay this morning.

2. amp360

amp360 Gretschie

Oct 21, 2012
    Maryland
    Works fine for me

3. mrcoffee23

mrcoffee23 Gretschie

Sep 23, 2009
    Virginia, USA
    Both seem to be working.

4. Hammerhands

Hammerhands Country Gent

Aug 26, 2011
    Winnipeg
  5. MrWookiee

MrWookiee Synchromatic

Jun 17, 2020
    SoCal, USA
    Huh. Works now for me, too. Must've been a penalty for not paying enough guitar tax lately. :D

Sabato likes this.
  6. wabash slim

wabash slim Gretschified

Feb 10, 2010
    lafayette in
    Do you owe them money or something?

MrWookiee and thunder58 like this.
  7. MotorCentaur

MotorCentaur Synchromatic

May 11, 2016
    Seattle
    I had that issue with my credit union last week. You have to allow for "cross site tracking" on your browser. I wasn't too happy about it.

8. Bob Perrone

Bob Perrone Gretschie

Mar 7, 2017
    allentown, pa
    Stop using Chrome, unless sites pay them to allow cross site tracking you'll have problems. Edge chromium(the new Edge) doesn't do that and is "freindlier" to you as far as intrusive tracking. Firefox is good too, but developers aren't coding to support Firefox, so they are a slowly killing it.

9. The other day i called GC and asked about a floor model system they had on the floor for years. It has a slightly reduced price. Its a bose L1 model2 tower, which has been replaced with their newer systems, which look a lot like the older systems. Anyway the guy pushed the protection plan really hard. Three years for 380 dollars. I asked if the item was returnable like everything else they sell and told me no. ( i followed up later with another employee that told me if I didn’t like it or it broke, they would allow a return ). Anyway, Didnt make sense as its a still considered new, just a floor model. He kept pushing the three years plan, even though that maxed the price ridiculously higher than anyone would ever sell this thing for, and bose warranties last for quite a while. I eventually had to tell him i didnt think his store would be around in three years if i needed the service. He didnt know what to say. I didnt buy it.

10. MrWookiee

MrWookiee Synchromatic

Jun 17, 2020
    SoCal, USA
    Protection plans are a crap shoot and are almost pure profit for the vendor. I rarely buy them but have done so a few times with mixed results. It's kind of like buying a hard case. Would you put a $150 instrument in a $300 case? Probably not but you'd likely buy a $500 case for a $7k instrument without hesitation. I'm mostly talking vintage here; new high-zoot axe ought to come with a case.

freddyfingers likes this.
  11. MrWookiee

MrWookiee Synchromatic

Jun 17, 2020
    SoCal, USA
    Btw I was using my droid phone to check the sites, so the browser was DuckDuckGo. It doesn't do no steenkin' cross-site stuff (unless you allow it).

12. wabash slim

wabash slim Gretschified

Feb 10, 2010
    lafayette in
    Extended warranty" and "Protection Plan" are just money makers for a business. I quit a stereo sales job due to how the bosses pushed that nonsense. I felt guilty trying to upsell that nonsense. If the electronic product makes it past the first 90 days, then it'll likely last. If it doesn't, the standard warranty should cover it.

It's just another version of, "We've been trying to reach you about your car's warranty".

MrWookiee, Sabato and juks like this.
  13. wabash slim

wabash slim Gretschified

Feb 10, 2010
    lafayette in
    And a jack plate and straplocks.

gtttrrr, MrWookiee and SAguitar like this.
  14. juks

juks Synchromatic

Nov 26, 2020
    Fremont, California
    What does cross site tracking mean?

15. MotorCentaur

MotorCentaur Synchromatic

May 11, 2016
    Seattle
    juks likes this.
  16. Sabato

Sabato Country Gent

Mar 22, 2019
    Massachusetts
    I would never know if GC or MF sites were down because I would never try to go there.....

17. juks

juks Synchromatic

Nov 26, 2020
    Fremont, California
    MotorCentaur likes this.
  18. SAguitar

SAguitar Synchromatic

Jan 17, 2020
    Jack Plate, Oregon
    Uh-huh, you got it!

19. SAguitar

SAguitar Synchromatic

Jan 17, 2020
    Jack Plate, Oregon
    For no great reason, this topic has brought an old Jimi tune to mind...

Sabato likes this.
  20. Archtops

Archtops Synchromatic

Mar 4, 2021
    SoCal
    Possibly up against the slat board on this. I believe GC has a huge debt problem.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.