Feb 10, 2010
lafayette in
Screen%20Shot%202022-08-15%20at%204.01.11%20PM-M.png
That can't be real. It's legible.

hcsterg

Friend of Fred
Feb 13, 2012
France
I have no GAS, zero...none, nothing. No GAS for anything. Not guitars, amps, pedals, strings...nothing.

It's very very odd. Anyone care to help me regain my former affliction? I'm losing my mind not wanting anything.
Oh well... It's not so bad to make a pause sometimes ! Nothing dramatic... ;)

A+!

Irish-Jay

Electromatic
Jul 2, 2015
Vancouver, WA
I have no GAS, zero...none, nothing. No GAS for anything. Not guitars, amps, pedals, strings...nothing.

It's very very odd. Anyone care to help me regain my former affliction? I'm losing my mind not wanting anything.
Just added caddy green 6228 to the family & thought a Gretsch only photo was in order. The 6228 plays like butter, but the aesthetics of my guitars (Gretsch & others) makes me enjoy having more. Best success finding something that may spark some passion (GAS!!)

Attachments

• 88B885DA-58C0-4CA0-B0D0-BCF149BE58CB.jpeg
    88B885DA-58C0-4CA0-B0D0-BCF149BE58CB.jpeg
    330.6 KB · Views: 5

TSims1

Gretschified
Jun 18, 2013
Atlanta
Just added caddy green 6228 to the family & thought a Gretsch only photo was in order. The 6228 plays like butter, but the aesthetics of my guitars (Gretsch & others) makes me enjoy having more. Best success finding something that may spark some passion (GAS!!)

That’s the spirit!!

ramjac

Country Gent
Aug 14, 2011
Wisconsin
Try selling something to “downsize”. You’ll have double the money spent on replacement gear before the buyer hands you the cash.

loudnlousy

Gretschified
Oct 18, 2015
Germany
I think that I would not have any signs of GAS when I would have played in the same musical circumstances all my life.
If I had the same band today playing the same music as I did in the eighties I would still use a plexi Marshall, a cable and a Flying V exclusively and be totally happy.

What made me change guitars and amps was always "a new band-project".

What made me scratch my head is the notion of my bandmates that everytime I change equipment (and spending lots of money) I tend to dial-in a tone that is exactly the same as before.

So buying stuff "for the new project" seems to be an excuse for GAS, to be honest.
At least it inspires me to keep on playing.

In the end -I guess- it`s the same impulse that makes women buy shoes and handbags.

Robbie

Friend of Fred
Jun 17, 2013
Sarnia Ontario Canada

Whether it is a temporary condition or permanent I’d think you are just fine.

Runamok

Country Gent

Ha! I remember last time you were down to your final guitar purchase—then bought 2 more in a couple of weeks. 👀

Without a specific item in mind, you are getting ready. You just want someone to pin it on when it happens. A getaway driver. 😆

Try the chili. It’ll give you gas for a week!

stiv

Country Gent
Sep 12, 2014
Firenze, Italy
I think that I would not have any signs of GAS when I would have played in the same musical circumstances all my life.
If I had the same band today playing the same music as I did in the eighties I would still use a plexi Marshall, a cable and a Flying V exclusively and be totally happy.

What made me change guitars and amps was always "a new band-project".

What made me scratch my head is the notion of my bandmates that everytime I change equipment (and spending lots of money) I tend to dial-in a tone that is exactly the same as before.

So buying stuff "for the new project" seems to be an excuse for GAS, to be honest.
At least it inspires me to keep on playing.

In the end -I guess- it`s the same impulse that makes women buy shoes and handbags.
I second this, absolutely.
But I don’t necessarily think of it as a bad thing… I’d call it “evolution” as a player.
When I started I just wanted to play like Steve Jones so I got a Les Paul copy. Then I fell in love with 50’s rock’n’roll so I needed a Gretsch. Then over it to alternative country, an SG was calling me. Then jam band needed a Tele, then back to 60s modernism it needed a Rick, classic rock had me wanting a V and then to a 30s Archtop to play ancient blues (with a whole lot more stuff in between, of course) For all of these “steps” I needed a new tool, and I’m happy I bought it ‘cause it made me work on my own stuff playing different styles and a lot of different instruments.
The question is: would my Kingston Les Paul Standard copy I got in the first place be good to play all this stuff? Probably. It would sure have been a lot (and I mean a new-muscle-car-or-two lot) more cheaper, but It’s been a heck of a lot more fun.
You live and learn ;)

Latest posts