GAS - am i ok?

stiv

Country Gent
Sep 12, 2014
Firenze, Italy
Welcome to my world mate. :)
I had to switch to learning piano to reach the nirvana, but after 3 months of absolute no need of anything gear, you’ll get used to it.
Feels strange, I know, but it isn’t bad. Just scroll up and down gear websites a couple of hours a day and you’ll be fine. :D

Emergence

Synchromatic
May 25, 2022
New York
Maybe no GAS is nothing more than a sign of maturity.

I have no GAS either. Maturity? You be the judge. I’m at that point in my life where I have more than I need and way more than I ever expected to accumulate. I’m comfortably retired and can afford just about anything I want. So I still shop, but only for what I need. I bought TV Jones Classic and Classic Plus pickups for my Gibson SG and installed them a little more than a week ago. My last purchase of anything more than maintenance items was three years ago, a loaded Ultra pickguard for one of my Strats. No GAS? No big deal. Do I need anything? I’m thinking about now that I might need a vacation.

afire

Friend of Fred
Feb 12, 2009
Where the action is!
My GAS dissipated prematurely. I haven't bought a guitar since my mid 30s and don't own a single electric guitar. I have one nearing completion that took over 10 years to even get started. And I just ordered one that will take at least two years, maybe three. And that came after a frenzied period of about 15 years of constant GAS, constant buying and selling. 10 years ago, I never would have imagined that my gear disposition could have changed so drastically. I went from being a guy who might have a meltdown over missing a delivery and waiting another day, to patiently waiting years with no worries.

blueruins

Country Gent
May 28, 2013
Savannah, GA
I have no GAS, zero...none, nothing. No GAS for anything. Not guitars, amps, pedals, strings...nothing.

It's very very odd. Anyone care to help me regain my former affliction? I'm losing my mind not wanting anything.
It’s likely a phase…enjoy it.

I’ve had a few stretches like that and thought “I’m cured!”

Now I have 5 partscasters in process and am still looking.

That dang Guild that Tony shared the other day hit me right between the eyes too🫠🫣

rake_ether

Synchromatic
Aug 24, 2019
Athens, GA USA
I find my GAS to be mostly irrational. In June I bought a modestly priced guitar that filled a void in my arsenal. By late July I was gassing for a proline Gretsch which would require me to sell my G6119 Rosewood Tenny to help fund the purchase. After a couple of weeks I realized that I would not love the new guitar or would it do anything better. I'm happy with what I have.

drmilktruck

I Bleed Orange
May 17, 2009
Plymouth, MN
Screen%20Shot%202022-08-15%20at%204.01.11%20PM-M.png

Shock

Synchromatic
Sep 7, 2020
Minnesota
I am good too. I would have to stumble on to some deal I cannot refuse. But I have bought a lot of guitars in the past couple years.

Stefan87

Country Gent
May 20, 2019
Brisbane, Australia
I think that's a good thing to reach that point, now you can just focus on playing instead of buying and enjoying/fine tuning what you have.

Lately I have found that all the guitars I have wanted seem to not make they're way home with me once I try them, don't know why but I just haven't found any guitars that I've tried that I go 'yes I need this in my life', it's more like "yeah this is cool' as I put it back on the rack.