g7593 vs 6136

rosemary

Synchromatic
Oct 12, 2008
pasadena
what are the fundamental differences?? i can't find any info on them. i know this isn't an electromatic question so i apologize, but there seems to be zilch on this topic.

Synchro

The artist formerly known as: Synchro
Staff member
Jun 2, 2008
Tucson
what are the fundamental differences?? i can't find any info on them. i know this isn't an electromatic question so i apologize, but there seems to be zilch on this topic.
I think it's mostly cosmetic. The 7593 looks somewhat like a Baldwin era guitar, has block inlays on the fingerboard, a V-cut Bigsby and parallel bracing with a soundpost.

The 6136 (at least according to the Gretsch site) has trestle bracing. It also has thumbnail inlays and a B-6 Bigsby.

Pappy

Country Gent
Jun 4, 2008
Georgia
I think the Baldwin has a thicker top too.

Basically they're white falcons from different eras. You can pick which one you think is cooler.:)

Synchro

Staff member
Jun 2, 2008
Tucson
I know a fellow with a 7593 and it sounds & looks terrific.

rosemary

Synchromatic
Oct 12, 2008
pasadena
thanks guys :) that leads me to a few more question lol!

so it seems like the differences are primarily cosmetic, but are there any tonal differences? i noticed that all the white falcon owners on this forum favor a 6136 which i know is slightly more expansive, any reason why? also how does parallel bracing compare to trestle? a tall order...lol

Synchro

Staff member
Jun 2, 2008
Tucson
thanks guys :) that leads me to a few more question lol!

so it seems like the differences are primarily cosmetic, but are there any tonal differences? i noticed that all the white falcon owners on this forum favor a 6136 which i know is slightly more expansive, any reason why? also how does parallel bracing compare to trestle? a tall order...lol
Trestle bracing is less likely to feedback and more focused sounding.

Latest posts