G5427TG

gzackerman

Electromatic
Jul 4, 2022
Loveland, OH
I have a new G5427TG. It plays beautifully, and the tone is great. I have two questions. There is a circular depression around the pickup toggle switch where the face of the guitar is slightly sunken in. Is this normal? I have had two other Gretsch models that didn’t have that depression. The other issue involves the screw next to the neck where the strap nut holds the strap. The screw came out of the body. I have never experienced this problem either. Any suggestions? Thank you. BF111F3C-6D20-4448-B484-9C28EB1569B9.jpeg

drmilktruck

I Bleed Orange
May 17, 2009
Plymouth, MN
Welcome to G-T! Lovely guitar. (I'm partial to blue guitars as you can see by my current avatar.) I haven't heard a lot of the depression around the toggle switch but the problem with the strap locks coming out is not uncommon. Many here advocate replacing the originals with real Strap Loks or similar.

gzackerman

Electromatic
Jul 4, 2022
Loveland, OH
Thanks for the quick reply! I have a set of strap locks that I could use. They have a silver finish. The guitar hardware is gold. If I can’t get my hands on a gold set, using a silver set would be better than dropping the guitar!

Dana Rudd

Country Gent
Nov 26, 2019
Greybull, WY
Hello and welcome to G-T, nice to have you here.
Fine G5427T you have there, congrats on it.
I change all the strap pins on my electric guitars. Never checked the area around the switch, I would not be concerned though.
Enjoy and HNGD.

LivingMyDream

Friend of Fred
May 4, 2016
Peculiar, Missouri
Welcome to Gretsch-Talk, gzackerman!

If it bothers you, take it back to the store, and check it against another one, if they have more inventory. If they don't have another one, and if it bothers you enough, and it sounds like it might, you could return it and look for another one.

Ricochet

Senior Gretsch-Talker
Nov 13, 2009
Monkey Island
Welcome to Gretsch-Talk! Hard to tell anything from the pic. It could have taken a fall right on the toggle switch pushing the ply in.

Latest posts