G5425 Jet Club w/ bigsby - no serial # information

Discussion in 'Electromatic Gretsch Forum' started by Geejcornwell, Sep 19, 2020.

1. r0de0

r0de0 Synchromatic

Jul 7, 2011
    Ontario, Canada
    Some of these models are outfitted with a Bigsby B5. This is an older model with the minibuckers, possibly 2011.

2. Limuz

Limuz Gretschie

Sep 8, 2012
    Netherlands
    Usually the serial number is on the back of the headstock. For value, I'd say about $220, but don't take my word on that.

3. Armygirl

Armygirl Country Gent

Mar 14, 2014
    Edinburgh
    These are brilliant for the money. I'm in the UK and that would be about £250...

4. Back in Black

Back in Black Gretschie

Jun 22, 2020
    Ontario Canada

G.

Looks a lot like mine (modified following purchase), mine dates back to 2003/2004, mine does have a serial number.

Mine came with the mini humbuckers, and a stamped ''G'' long 2010_03020003.JPG DSCF1280.JPG tail-piece.

Mine remains in ''as new'' condition, don't play it often.

BIB.

5. FiveAces

FiveAces Electromatic

Mar 1, 2009
    San Jose, CA
    Interesting that the S/N isn't visible on the back of the headstock? As others posted, can be anywhere from 2005 - 2010. You can go to the Gretsch website and check the older online catalogs to check it out. I just purchased a 2015 G5435T Pro Jet which is the model that may have replaced yours or was a step up (came with Blacktop pickups). I paid $300 USD (In very good condition!) and that included the hard deluxe case.

So I would say $200 - $250 USD is probably a reasonable ballpark value....
    Did you get a case with it?

Last edited: Sep 19, 2020
  6. section2

section2 Country Gent

Dec 21, 2016
    Toronto
    Nice guitar! I have a similar model (the 5236, which is the same guitar in silver sparkle with a G-cut tailpiece instead of a Bigsby), and I think it's a well-built player.

Those minibuckers don't get much love, but they're easily replaced. GFS NYII or NYIII pickups will drop right in, and while I've never tried those pickups, I've heard good things about them. P90s should be a drop-in fit too.

Me, I got ambitious and routed the pickup cavities to fit a set of Filtertrons. (I got even more ambitious and refinished the top, added a Bigsby, replaced the electronics, etc... but that kind of overkill wasn't really necessary. I just wanted to see if I could do it.)

7. audept

audept Senior Gretsch-Talker

Dec 1, 2010
    Sydney, Australia
    Welcome to the forum, Geejcornwell !
    g'day mate.jpg

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.