G5410 which colors your favorite?

Discussion in 'THE Gretsch Discussion Forum' started by Merc, Apr 28, 2021.

Which G5410T color is your favorite?

1. White and Gold

2. White and Ocean Turquoise

3. White and Fiesta Red

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Merc

Merc Country Gent

May 6, 2017
    Florida
    Just out today. It’s good to see these in video and not the horrible stock photos. Which ones your favorite?

Wjensen and Ricochet like this.
  2. Ricochet

Ricochet I Bleed Orange

Nov 13, 2009
    Monkey Island
    Cool, hadn’t seen it yet. I don’t like a high contrast with colours, so white/gold for me.

Jeff67 and Merc like this.
  3. SpaceCowboy

SpaceCowboy Electromatic

Aug 16, 2019
    Austin
    Something about the Vintage White with gold sides and neck really works for me. Also need a source for those white pearloid blacktops! "Pearloidtops?!?" :D

ZackyDog, Merc and GlenP like this.
  4. Merc

Merc Country Gent

May 6, 2017
    Florida
    Golds my favorite and I would rock it. I think the turquoise and red would’ve looked killer contrasting with black.

5. GlenP

GlenP Country Gent

Jul 23, 2019
    WA
    The Flying V inspired by a ‘55 Chevy BelAir, who does Gretsch think they are, Danelectro? I really like these actually, I want one! Nothing like a Gretsch, except a two tone Gretsch!

EDIT: added some pictures...

Screen Shot 2021-04-28 at 5.11.56 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-04-28 at 5.12.54 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-04-28 at 5.13.55 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-04-28 at 5.14.45 PM.png

What will they do next, put an 8-ball on the end of the Vibrato "shifter" arm?

I guess someone did that already on their straight-8...
    http://gilaguitars.com/guitargallery/New Updates I Love Doing Websites/MrHP/evh_mrhp.htm
    Screen Shot 2021-04-28 at 5.26.49 PM.png

Last edited: Apr 28, 2021
    Waxhead, SAguitar, Archtops and 3 others like this.
  6. Stefan87

Stefan87 Country Gent

May 20, 2019
    Brisbane, Australia
    My pic is the gold, it may have been different it the colours scheme on the blue and red were reversed so it was like the gold and white. In saying that though if I was buying a 5410 the all white is where I would be at.

Merc likes this.
  7. sgarnett

sgarnett Synchromatic

Apr 14, 2020
    Kentucky
    They haven't made one in a color I like yet. I really think the Rat Rod should be offered in some sort of muted rust orange color (roundup/smoke/speyside orange, etc). I think I like the Rat Rods better than the Tricolors, and I think I would take the matte white or matte black over the matte silver, but so far none of them really grab me ....

Last edited: Apr 28, 2021
    Stefan87 and Merc like this.
  8. Outlaw

Outlaw Country Gent

Jul 13, 2011
    UK
    White and Ocean Turquoise for me that one looks really cool!

GlenP and Merc like this.
  9. Merc

Merc Country Gent

May 6, 2017
    Florida
    If anyone didn’t notice, the two tone Hot Rods were dropped before these came out. I’d bet it inspired these limited editions.

10. Stefan87

Stefan87 Country Gent

May 20, 2019
    Brisbane, Australia
    That is a good idea, a rust orange with tarnished hardware, would buy one of those.

Merc and sgarnett like this.
  11. pmac11

pmac11 Country Gent

Mar 4, 2018
    Toronto, Ontario
    White with Ocean Turquoise, please.

Merc and GlenP like this.
  12. sgarnett

sgarnett Synchromatic

Apr 14, 2020
    Kentucky
    Whoa ... I just discovered the upcoming G2410TG. While I'm still not crazy about the gold hardware, the Village Amber looks pretty sweet!

The G2420 has small f-holes and tone bar bracing in a 2.75" body. It looks like a 5420 or 6120, but it is a different animal. It has its own unique open, responsive voice, which I love, but it also feeds back easily.

The G2410, OTOH, has a 2.25" body, larger f-holes, and (if the web site can be believed) a soundpost. In other words, it is basically a 5410 with different pickups and color selections! Color me intrigued! The tuners are also enclosed like other Streamliners, which should make them easier to replace than the open 54xx tuners.

https://www.gretschguitars.com/gear...-cut-with-bigsby-and-gold-hardware/2804800520

Last edited: May 3, 2021
    Merc likes this.
  13. Back in Black

Back in Black Synchromatic

Jun 22, 2020
    Ontario Canada
    Merc,

They did two things right on this one, the correct Bigsby, and a wood based bridge, making it a snap to swap out the T-O-M...

But all that heavy urethane, and the vintage automotive colors...

Sorry I have to pass on this one. I like both vintage cars, and vintage guitars, but not melded together.

Also, on an Electromatic, you never know what's hiding under opaque paint.

Just me.

BIB.

Merc likes this.
  14. Back in Black

Jun 22, 2020
    Ontario Canada
    Glen,

I can't help but wonder if the tach works.

BIB.

Merc and GlenP like this.
  15. sgarnett

sgarnett Synchromatic

Apr 14, 2020
    Kentucky
    Never trust the Gretsch website! The "enlarged soundholes" of the Streamliner G2410 are really the same small soundholes that the G2420 has, not the large soundholes of the G5410. Still it's kind of like a G5410, except for the fretboard, tuners, pickups, soundholes .... Not sayin' I don't want one ....

ZackyDog and Merc like this.
  16. Merc

Merc Country Gent

May 6, 2017
    Florida
    That’s alright, to each their own as they say. I still really like the two tone gold. The blue looks good but I’d prefer black sides with it.

I’m guessing you don’t care for any Electromatic's judging by your comments. The ones I’ve seen and played in store are very solidly built.

Back in Black likes this.
  17. sgarnett

sgarnett Synchromatic

Apr 14, 2020
    Kentucky
    Hmmm, of the 5410T Limiteds, I think I would rank them Ocean Turquoise/White, White/Gold, Fiesta (salmon) Red. Of the Rat Rods, I flip-flop between the Matt White and Matt Black. For the 2410TG Streamliner version, I think I would rank them as Village Amber, Ocean Turquoise, Single Barrel (though swapping out the cream plastic would bump it up). Out of all of them, I like the Village Amber color best (gold hardware notwithstanding).

Merc likes this.
  18. Back in Black

Jun 22, 2020
    Ontario Canada
    Hey Merc,

Two of my four Jets are Electromatics, and I won't buy another one. Having said that, all four of my Gretsch Jets are keepers, with my two modded Electro's being favorites.

Brand new appearance is fine, it's what's hidden under all the shine is where the problems lie.

Quality of parts/wiring/electronics, wood deficiencies/defects hidden under ''art work, and photo etched grain''.

Just look at the posts that are received on a daily basis...Love my new Electromatic, but need help in selecting replacements for, scratchy pots/slipping tuners/poor quality bridges, etc.

I was never so surprised, or disappointed last year when I bought the G5222, for the Malcolm project. I had wanted a G6131T-62, but I couldn't find one anywhere.

My finished guitar turned out ''OK'', but it could have been a lot better, with a lot less work, and money spent on premium components the G6131T-62 already had and in the end, buying the G5222, as opposed to the G6131T-62, saved me little to nothing. My project was never intended as a money saver to begin with.

Just me...and my opinion of the problems with anything labeled ''entry level''

Back in the sixties, like Rickenbacker, Gretsch had no ''entry level'', if you wanted a Country Gentleman, or a Tennessean, you had to pay the price...to me it was better that way.

There is a price to pay for ''cheap'', and that price stays, long after the perceived saving has evaporated.

Best,

BIB.

Last edited: May 4, 2021
    Merc likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.