G5220 Dark Cherry Metallic (Black Walnut) vs Firestick Red (Laurel)

Lindo

Gretschie
Mar 10, 2019
Derbyshire
Yeah, don’t play it. LOL

My experience with them tells me that bending strings is the chief culprit for taking the dye off. I’m not a bender when I play, so it hasn’t been an issue with my examples.

Thanks... it's going to be heavily played, so I'll just have to file it under wear and tear, then. Shame, because it does look nice.

Lindo

Gretschie
Mar 10, 2019
Derbyshire
You can always re-dye it. I have several in the project cue for the dye treatment.

I'll see how it goes... if it looks like natural wear rather than a fault then I won't mind. All of my guitars have playing wear, and for me it's part of the process of bonding with them and making them mine. I've not sold a guitar in over 20 years; they're all keepers.

GreTschocaster

Synchromatic
Feb 11, 2013
Canada
While at our vacation home in Arizona a G5220 in Firestick Red modded with TVJones Classic pickups, strap locks and locking tuners came up on Craigslist. I had been looking for a guitar to leave in Arizona. It was so nice I decided you take it back home. It has become one of my favorites to plsy. I found a nice G5222 to leave in AZ. 20220421_085749.jpg

Merc

Friend of Fred
May 6, 2017
Florida
I'll see how it goes... if it looks like natural wear rather than a fault then I won't mind. All of my guitars have playing wear, and for me it's part of the process of bonding with them and making them mine. I've not sold a guitar in over 20 years; they're all keepers.

There’s a few I saw posted showing wear at spots some time ago. I remember digging the aged look. It’s all good in my book.